We Will Collective contributor numbers

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
So you are saying we've had 10 people each give $10 - 25 million to We Will?

That would be contrary to what Blum said earlier regarding their annual budget.
Think these are Cyclone Club numbers

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Every time I take a leak at Hilton or Trice I see "compliance" questions/do's and don't. Man, times have really changed. Now we are solicited to do what was once considered illegal. Even some of the Hok Marching Band members have signed an NIL deal. The band is probably sponsored by some personal liability insurance company.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020

No. ISU athletics. The comparison is we have horrible participation figures as compared to our peers on a historical basis in this arena; hence, WW faces an uphill battle. Hell, we had to looks at posts that were small whitepapers on why they wouldn't give.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines

AND these people give to projects, not just the athletic department. Most of our big donors give to the college only as well, don't seem to care about athletics.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
AND these people give to projects, not just the athletic department. Most of our big donors give to the college only as well, don't seem to care about athletics.

A couple people gave how much for the bridge? I think we have folks that have the capability of covering what WeWill needs right now.

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
He wasn't going to start here. Why would he at Ole miss?

Isheem started 9 of 13 games at safety for Ole Miss last year. He had more tackles at Ole Miss last year than he did in either year in Ames. He does only have 1 INT and 0 forced fumbles at Ole Miss compared to 3 INTs and 5 force fumbles during his time in Ames. Interestingly enough, Isheem turned 24 this summer and could still come back for another year next year!!

You guys are thinking of Craig McDonald who clearly made a regrettable decision leaving late in the spring for Auburn. He basically wasted a year and a half of eligibility doing that. Before somebody asks - Craig McDonald left Auburn after 1 year and transferred back home to Minnesota where he just recently received a waiver. I think he has just one more year left next year. Really screwed himself with the bad initial transfer.

Cfinnerty16

Visual Analytics Czar
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
West Des Moines
A couple people gave how much for the bridge? I think we have folks that have the capability of covering what WeWill needs right now.
I think it was one person 20 million specifically for the bridge and not to use it for anything else, right?

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Generally true......cash needs are cash needs.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Isheem started 9 of 13 games at safety for Ole Miss last year. He had more tackles at Ole Miss last year than he did in either year in Ames. He does only have 1 INT and 0 forced fumbles at Ole Miss compared to 3 INTs and 5 force fumbles during his time in Ames. Interestingly enough, Isheem turned 24 this summer and could still come back for another year next year!!

You guys are thinking of Craig McDonald who clearly made a regrettable decision leaving late in the spring for Auburn. He basically wasted a year and a half of eligibility doing that. Before somebody asks - Craig McDonald left Auburn after 1 year and transferred back home to Minnesota where he just recently received a waiver. I think he has just one more year left next year. Really screwed himself with the bad initial transfer.
I am thinking of Isheem. His last year here he was in on about 40% of the plays the last 4-5 games. Imo, he would not have started here the next year. He is a good player though; we just have better ones now for defense of pass and run.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
When people wonder why ISU can never be a national power, I can point them to our huge donor base that gives nothing.

lol thats it. its not being second fiddle in a state that is dying.

its that the people dont give more of their hard earned money to a system that is already making money hand over fist

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Hey all,

Have seen some questions about where We Will stands on a couple of different topics as it relates to our peers. Note that it is very difficult to find exact data on these because collectives aren't obligated to share info and most won't for competitive reasons, but based on what I can tell this is where things stand.

The largest collectives have an annual budget of $10M plus. We aren't anywhere near that at the moment. We are staying afloat for now, but need everyone's help to compete with our peers who are at the $4-6M level, which is where the majority of the Big 12 lives. We don't have a huge marketing budget because we want to use as many resources as possible for the Cyclones, so word of mouth is the single best way to share. We have 800 monthly contributors as of this second giving $10 or more per month. I really would love to get that number to 2,000 by the time the portal opens. We will need it. Please tell your Cyclone colleagues and friends. You may not think the beer, coffee, golf balls, merch and everything else adds up, but it really does to make Iowa State competitive. Go to www.wewillcollective.com to learn more and if you have individual questions reach out at [email protected]. Thanks all!

-Brent

Brent, the biggest motivator I have found is to show ISU in a rank (showing actual dollars) among the other conference members and even nationally if you have that data. It's eye-opening when our alumni are educated on how the rest of the world works. We claim to be a competitive fanbase, so seeing that we are dead-last, and seeing it OFTEN along with any progress is good motivation.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
lol thats it. its not being second fiddle in a state that is dying.

its that the people dont give more of their hard earned money to a system that is already making money hand over fist
U just listed a reason not to give that has been stated 10,000 times. And for the 10,000th time, please give. The reasons not to give are numerous.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Brent, the biggest motivator I have found is to show ISU in a rank (showing actual dollars) among the other conference members and even nationally if you have that data. It's eye-opening when our alumni are educated on how the rest of the world works. We claim to be a competitive fanbase, so seeing that we are dead-last, and seeing it OFTEN along with any progress is good motivation.
Thanks for this! Yes, it's a fine line for sharing we are last in the Big 12 in NIL without causing those great supporters that do help to feel helpless and unappreciated. But, that is indeed the case. We have made great progress though and excited if we can get more participation from the masses how competitive we can be. We aren't that far off.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
We are cheap and our fanbase of engineers wants to over-analyze everything. I tried to do a We Will fundraising drive within my area alumni group and got **** blocked. "We need to do some more analysis to determine if this is a good thing for our group to support."

Get on board, people. Like it or not, this is the new way, and we're falling behind.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I know Brent already chimed in, but I wanted to echo his sentiment. Bludgeoning us over the head with this is a good way to make it feel like we'll never be able to compete, so why bother?

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I'm a bit too fresh in my post college career to budget for a monthly subscription but I've given 3 times since the season has started. Most of the time while celebrating a win. I wish i could get Ames Lager out of state.

I thought i heard once that we will cold brew will ship out of state. Is that true? a quick google search didn't help me but I wouldn't mind getting some coffee for my morning commutes.