WBB: Misc thread, polls, opponents games, regional stuff

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Polls were updated today. Baylor still in top 10 and WVU still in top 25. No one else in the Big 12 is even currently close to being ranked. :( Texas isn't even receiving votes even after beating the Volunteers in Knoxville.

Games of interest and other misc ramblings:

Texas plays #1 Stanford* at Norman Sunday ESPN2 1200

Oklahoma plays #2 Connecticut* at Norman Sunday CBS Sports Net 3:00

Drake plays at Oklahoma tonight at 7:00. Fox Go something for TV, not something I can get. Would like to watch.

Drake drew 7,000 for what amounted to a scrimmage with Waldorf last week. Kudos on the attendance. I'll not diss them too much for that WTF scheduling because of the P5's they are playing.

Random observation: The Pac-12 is loaded.

* Boxster's more than a little envious of these premium matchups. I'd motor down I-35 any day for one of those at Hilton.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Tornado man

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Of course seeing these high flying teams would be fun, but a loss by 40 to Stanford or UConn doesn’t help anyone.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Sherri's rolling Drake. Up by 20 at the half.

Edit: Sooners win 93-84. Drake had an 11 - 0 run in last 1:50 to close the 93 - 73 gap but this looks like it was all Sooners.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: StClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Watching a battle of ranked teams, Michigan at Maryland versus the Fighting Frese's. Very physical man to man by both teams. Our most vocal fans would be whining up a storm about thuggery and hacking. :rolleyes:

Not much else happening.
KSU beat some no name Texas school. Big whoop.
Nebraska beat Iowa in Lincoln. Minor whoop.

Edit. The Frese's win. Brenda's freshman PG looks like a miniature Courtney Paris.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
New poll this week.

#6 Baylor
#19 WVU
#25 Texas.

RV: Kansas (4), Texas Tech (1)

Was thinking Texas should be back after falling to not even receiving votes. Nice bounce-back with wins over Tennessee and Stanford.

Gophers back at #24. Tempted to go watch them this afternoon but (as much fun as games can be at The Barn) wondering if my motivation is simply an excuse to skip working out at LifeTime. ;) Will ponder while shoveling the snow from yesterday

Reactions: barometriclow

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Went down and caught the Drake Uni game. Final was 104-87 Drake the game was not as close as the score indicated. Drake ended the 2nd qtr with an 11 pt run in the final minute. Uni got it down to a little bit then the wheels fell off. Bad shooting and unforced turnovers along with stout Drake D sealed their fate.

Jerk move by Tonya at the end Jennie called of the dogs and took a turnover with 14 sec left, Uni scored off of it when it didn't matter. By the way road conditions north of Ames drop off dramatically be careful if your going North tonight.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Just looked at the schedule and after we get past the Sooner game this weekend all but the Texas game (on dat damn Longhorn Net no one gets) will be on something we can all get, either Clone.TV, ESPN+, ESPNU, FS1, Fox North/Midwest etc. National TV for @ Baylor and @UWV.

Last edited:
  • Creative
  • Informative
Reactions: CloneSt8 and NWICY

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Just looked at the schedule and after we get past the Sooner game this weekend all but the Texas game (on dat damn Longhorn Net no one gets) will be on something we can all get, either Clone.TV, ESPN+, ESPNU, FS1, Fox North/Midwest etc. National TV for @Baylor and @UWV.
We get the Longhorn Network. Everyone bring a dish to share for that game...

Reactions: BoxsterCy

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Dang - Baylor just administered a beatdown to #1 UConn. I haven't seen them yet but I imagine a lot of size and athleticism again.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Dang - Baylor just administered a beatdown to #1 UConn. I haven't seen them yet but I imagine a lot of size and athleticism again.
Barring injuries Baylor is very close to being just as good as last year. Several players on the bench that would be starting most anywhere else. The elite 8 this year should be composed of the best 8 teams I've ever witnessed in WBB.

• Informative
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Drake took the loss at Missouri State fri nite, loose ball scramble MSU puts up a 3 at the end for the win.