WBB - ISU @ OSU

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Ashley was kinda forcing it. OSU is a good defensive team, but I thought we were a little lacking in the ball movement department.

Reactions: acoustimac

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Nice to see an away game that we could come away with a win so easily. Interesting times.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Did anyone get to watch Aubrey? Starts are rewards for practice effort - but she’s not performing in games.
I paid attention to Aubrey today and she's simply not moving much, on offense or defense. She's pretty easy to guard if she's simply standing in one spot, and she went under screens rather than fighting over them. MEM & Diew are both simply giving better effort. Aubrey did take a pair of 3's today, and wasn't close with either. She had a bad turnover and was pretty much done for the day.

I don't want to sound negative, as I'm pro-Aubrey. I've always thought the team would be much better if they weren't so dependent on Ashley, and we're now seeing that with Donarski, Ryan, McGraw & even Kane stepping up big. If Aubrey can regain her confidence, we're just that much more dangerous!

Cysister

Mar 18, 2008
Dubuque, IA
In my opinion she hasn’t developed an off the dribble game yet. If she wasn’t scoring before she was getting rebounds but that hasn’t been the case lately. She hasn’t found her niche in B12 games yet. I still think she will provide valuable minutes and plays yet. You have to remain careful with MEM minutes and Diew hasn’t done much in her limited minutes.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
In my opinion she hasn’t developed an off the dribble game yet.
I live near City High so I’ve watched all of the Joens girls for years. Aubrey didn’t have much success off the dribble in HS, so I’m not holding my breath she’ll develop it in college. She’s a cold blooded sniper, pure and simple!

Cysister

Mar 18, 2008
Dubuque, IA
I live near City High so I’ve watched all of the Joens girls for years. Aubrey didn’t have much success off the dribble in HS, so I’m not holding my breath she’ll develop it in college. She’s a cold blooded sniper, pure and simple!
Agree on the sniper and you need that in games too.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Ashley was kinda forcing it. OSU is a good defensive team, but I thought we were a little lacking in the ball movement department.
Agree 100% thought we got bunched up a lot and were stuck on one side of the floor.

It was a game we were expected to win and we did, so not going to complain.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I missed the first half and just started watching. This steep camera angle is awful.

That gym is steep as can be. like 10 rows by the court then 20ft up to the balcony holds everyone else. In person the balcony is ok. Was at the men's game so didn't see the camera angle.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The emergence of Kane as an efficient, viable center makes me smile. Going into this season I wasn't expecting much, so thank you Morgan for proving me wrong.

She sort of reminds of Brittany Wilkens, kind of struggled till her Sr yr then it all seemed to have "clicked" for her. Glad for her and the team both. Plus she seems like a really nice person from interviews etc..

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Lexi had a better game-may a great game.

When all the parts are clicking I can see us giving the teams ranked near us nails. But those top teams (like SC's Aliyah Boston!) with big, motive, fast posts will be tough with their complimentary cast of players.

Lexi was often enough well-defended but made the most of her play with 23 points. She can hit 3s, but has great acceleration off the dribble, direction changes, and fakes to penetrate. She is not as tall but with a little better touch on her lay-ups, she is very complimentary to Ashley as Joens is getting doubled.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Lexi had a better game-may a great game.

When all the parts are clicking I can see us giving the teams ranked near us nails. But those top teams (like SC's Aliyah Boston!) with big, motive, fast posts will be tough with their complimentary cast of players.

Lexi was often enough well-defended but made the most of her play with 23 points. She can hit 3s, but has great acceleration off the dribble, direction changes, and fakes to penetrate. She is not as tall but with a little better touch on her lay-ups, she is very complimentary to Ashley as Joens is getting doubled.

Still early but hoping for a favorable seed and finally getting out of the 1st wkend for a change. It's been too long.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
She sort of reminds of Brittany Wilkens, kind of struggled till her Sr yr then it all seemed to have "clicked" for her. Glad for her and the team both. Plus she seems like a really nice person from interviews etc..

I have noticed Morgan seeking out a young gal with special needs at every home game. She consistently gives her a hug & takes time to visit with her. This happens before the game begins & the team is on the way to the locker room.

It is great to watch the interaction between them. Definitely the Cyclone Way on & off the court! Glad MK chose ISU.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Still early but hoping for a favorable seed and finally getting out of the 1st wkend for a change. It's been too long.

Unless the wheels fall off we will be playing at home and if we don't make it to at least the 16 it won't be because of seeding but because we lost to someone we were favored to beat.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Aubrey averages over 9 ppg for all games while scoring 4 pts total in five conference games. She has the fourth most minutes played and continues to start which suggests CBF has confidence that she will contribute at her former level. With UT and BU next up on the schedule we need all hands on deck.

Help Support Us

Become a patron