mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Wednesday, Nov. 25 – vs. Omaha (NOON)
Sunday, Dec. 6 - vs. South Carolina
Saturday, Dec. 12 – vs. North Dakota State
Tuesday, Dec. 22 – vs. Drake

Before the new year, we also have conference games Dec 2 @ TCU and Dec 18 vs. KSU. I assume we'll have away games against Iowa and UNI as well (perhaps around Dec 9 and Dec 15).

Reactions: BenEClone

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So disappointed that the most people we can have for South Carolina is going to be 1,400. That could have been a chance for the wbb to have one of their biggest crowds in years.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
NCAA rules for this season: Schedule can have a max of 25 games, or 23 games plus a multi-team event of up to 4 games. We have 18 conference games plus 6 non-conference games (assuming Iowa and UNI happen) for 24 total.

We do not appear to be in the gulf coast showcase after all, as you can see in the below tweet.

• Informative
Reactions: BoxsterCy

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
I REALLY hope I can make the cut for tickets for at least a few WBB games. We've be season ticket holders for several years and donate a decent amount (no, we aren't the 12.5k donors :) ). But i'm not going to hold my breath, I'm just so excited for this year and to see the new recruits since they don't have to worry about red shirt rules.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
NCAA rules for this season: Schedule can have a max of 25 games, or 23 games plus a multi-team event of up to 4 games. We have 18 conference games plus 6 non-conference games (assuming Iowa and UNI happen) for 24 total.

We do not appear to be in the gulf coast showcase after all, as you can see in the below tweet.

Actually like that we out of that. With the way the covid stuff seems to be exploding it's probably best for the teams health security to avoid that amateurish tournament. I trust our athletic department at home and our Big 12 partners on the road to do their best on protocols, not so much for those rinky-dink tournaments.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So disappointed that the most people we can have for South Carolina is going to be 1,400. That could have been a chance for the wbb to have one of their biggest crowds in years.

Hope we can get a good national TV cover for the game. Maybe an ESPN afternoon game?

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I REALLY hope I can make the cut for tickets for at least a few WBB games. We've be season ticket holders for several years and donate a decent amount (no, we aren't the 12.5k donors :) ). But i'm not going to hold my breath, I'm just so excited for this year and to see the new recruits since they don't have to worry about red shirt rules.

I would also like to make the cut, have had tickets for 21 years. and in second highest giving bracket. My issue is the number they will allow as I have 6 which covers my whole family and I fear they may limit it to just two per season ticket holders

Reactions: ISC

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I’d love to go as well. Had season tickets for 25 years. BUT...if this Covid thing keeps exploding I’ll pass and stay safe at home. Saddens me as this is going to be a special team.

Reactions: ISC and BenEClone

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I have a feeling we won't make the cut for tickets. We stopped donating some time ago when we were looking to cut back on expenses. It sucks because at least one of us has been at every home game since 1998 (I've only missed two for pretty decent reasons: volleyball Sweet 16 in Berkeley and attending the CMA Awards). I've already decided that our streak will continue, just with an asterisk for 2020-21. :( Hopefully, we can watch them all online.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We also have been season ticket holders for as long as we've lived in Ames - 18 years - but we most likely won't go either, if we'd even be allowed. Thanks COVID-19 and all those who think it won't pertain to them.
There better be some darn good camera angles this year.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
ISU is having no public attendance at MBB and WBB through the end of November. I wonder if the one November game we have will be moved from noon to sometime later in the day, since we won't be having any field trip kids going to it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
ISU is having no public attendance at MBB and WBB through the end of November. I wonder if the one November game we have will be moved from noon to sometime later in the day, since we won't be having any field trip kids going to it.

Jeez, only a week out now. Only see radio listed. No TV for this exhibition type game?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm hoping to get some tickets, but I sure hope the Covid gets better. But though I have a lot of yrs my donation level is low. That S. Carolina game could be a good one. Drake also. We actually had a good non con schedule and we Covided out of it Darn it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
These (if not on national TV) will be on ESPN+. More info should be released this week.

Will there a a computer link for KASI broadcast? Their night time broadcast strength doesn't go very far.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Who's doing color commentary next week? Molly still on board for some home game I hope?
Will be a unique year for radio due to ESPN+. Looks like a brand new radio person this year. Molly will be involved on the TV side. I assume an official announcement is coming this week.

Reactions: gizzsdad

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron