WBB: General All-NCAA Thread - Not Team Cyclones Stuff

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

Watched that one live. Sucks so much for TN. I get they didn’t even guard her but Cardoso had not attempted a 3 this year and never made a 3 in her entire career according to the broadcast.

If you’re the TN coach, you have to like the odds in that scenario. She probably makes that shot 1 out of 20 times. But I suppose any kind of defense and she definitely misses.

Also - for those who didn’t watch the game…TN missed two free throws right before the SC final possession.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Scary injury for LSU player. Tried to get up with help of teammates, then needed backboard and stretcher

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Major injury in SEC title game, LSU player Last-Tear Poa had to be stretchered off the court. Looked bad.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Major injury in SEC title game, LSU player Last-Tear Poa had to be stretchered off the court. Looked bad.

Update is concussion which is probably what everyone was thinking. Would be shocked to see her back for March Madness. She's their 6th gal in minutes and most important bench player.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
10:00 a.m. "real time" game for the Hawks/Huskers. Wonder if the gals will feel as sluggish as I do this morning with the time change. ;)

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Nebraska played well, but really let this one go in the last minute of regulation.
also, do anyone realize that stucky gets 10 points of game by sprinting to the hoop on fast breaks? I don't understand how this happens 5-6 times per game for wide open layups.
I hope iowa loses 2nd round

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
From a strictly entertaining to watch perspective I would like a Nebraska/Iowa final. They have played some pretty fun to watch games against each other the last two seasons, everything from high scoring Clark triple-doubles to Nebraska getting a win in Lincoln this season.

And another good Hawk/Huskers game. They've played some very entertaining games versus each other the last couple of seasons. Mentioned a number of times this year that I think the Huskers are a pretty good team. Could do well in the NCAA's.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Looks like LSU is playing Williams who they had planned to sit till the NCAA's (foot injury). Pretty shorthanded with Poa gone and this is a big game for seeding so I get it.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not a good look for WBB in SC versus LSU. Gotta think Cardosa gets an ejection for coming in and just shoving the LSU gal to the floor. If it were football she'd get a suspension for another game. Think some family member for LSU (?) came into the melee.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Not a good look for WBB in SC versus LSU. Gotta think Cardosa gets an ejection for coming in and just shoving the LSU gal to the floor. If it were football she'd get a suspension for another game. Think some family member for LSU (?) came into the melee.
Thug ball, literally.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Cardosa should be gone, Johnson for LSU should be gone for starting it by shoving the SC girl first.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I don't know how Cardosa ended up with a bloody lip, she put Johnson on her a*s and didn't see much more contact. She's a head taller than most others out there.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I don't know how Cardosa ended up with a bloody lip, she put Johnson on her a*s and didn't see much more contact. She's a head taller than most others out there.
I thought they said that was from an earlier play.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
SC and LSU just about broke into a bench clearing brawl... lol. SEC gonna SEC.

Can't just eject Cardosa so they'll toss a bunch to make it "fair". Sort of a big suck up to #1 SC. I think it should be a few technicals and just the one ejection but maybe the leaving the bench think will just turn the game into a forfeit.