***WBB: 2026 Recruiting Thread***

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Remember that Coach Fennelly offered Lexi Donarski when she a as an eight grader. She has turned out to be okay, I guess. So he doea have an eye for talent.

Reactions: acoustimac

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Was looking for Audi Crooks news and ran across guard Maddyn Greenway 2026 here in Minnesota. I don't pay much attention to 8th graders but saw her video in a recent semi-sectional game here and, wow, she was by far the best player on the court in that game. Gophers have offered. Daughter of Chad Greenway so has strong Hawk and Minnesota ties. Lot of media posing with both staffs. Guess not a likely interest in ISU but going to have to find time to watch her game on Friday amongst all of the ISU games. Unless Gopher get there act together I'd bet Hawks.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
A couple brief notes on Bjorn:

She picked up at least three offers before ISU: Louisville, Kansas, and Michigan.

Her brother, Jack, is an incoming PWO at TE for ISU football, so she's been on campus at least once but not as a basketball visitor. Photographic evidence below. She doesn't look particularly tall in the picture until you realize Jack is 6-7.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Was looking for Audi Crooks news and ran across guard Maddyn Greenway 2026 here in Minnesota. I don't pay much attention to 8th graders but saw her video in a recent semi-sectional game here and, wow, she was by far the best player on the court in that game. Gophers have offered. Daughter of Chad Greenway so has strong Hawk and Minnesota ties. Lot of media posing with both staffs. Guess not a likely interest in ISU but going to have to find time to watch her game on Friday amongst all of the ISU games. Unless Gopher get there act together I'd bet Hawks.
Greenway has publicly stated iowa is her dream school.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
A couple brief notes on Bjorn:

She picked up at least three offers before ISU: Louisville, Kansas, and Michigan.

Her brother, Jack, is an incoming PWO at TE for ISU football, so she's been on campus at least once but not as a basketball visitor. Photographic evidence below. She doesn't look particularly tall in the picture until you realize Jack is 6-7.

The brother is a PWO did not work out too well for Clark.
But, it’s a potential angle.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Greenway has publicly stated iowa is her dream school.

She has a Gopher offer but unless the Gophers REALLY turn it around I'd guess they won't be strong suitors if Iowa offers. Guessing her dad's Hawkeye ties will be stronger than his Viking regional ties. Her mother also ran track and cross country for Iowa. Big "if" is if Iowa offers. They can afford to wait and see.

GopherHole: What would that mean following in their footsteps?
Maddyn Greenway: I would be awesome. I think it would be so cool playing exactly where my parents played. Just being able to say I played at a great D1 team, where my parents played.

Her team won the Class AA this year and she scored like a million points but she's still just 5'-6" and playing in small HS class ball. Would be good for her if she grows some for height for college P5. I'm sure I'll keep hearing about her as she matures (was just a 8th grader playing HS this year) here in the northland and coaches determine if she is a good P5 prospect or Class AA star headed for a mid-major.

She is playing for the 2025 Tartan AAU team and doing well with the best of local 2025ers so maybe answering some of the Class AA questions.

Last edited:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Added Greenway, who was discussed above in this thread. She was offered by Iowa a couple weeks ago, and she seems like an Iowa lean for obvious reasons as well as what she's publicly stated. But our coaches have shown interest in her.