***WBB: 2022 Recruiting Thread***

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Added a new name (just level 1 for now): Okako Adika, 6'0" wing -- grad transfer from TCU. She played two seasons at a juco and one season at Butler (with Diew) prior to last season at TCU. She was Butler's leading scorer (13.8 ppg, 44.6% 3pt) and TCU's second-leading scorer (10.1 ppg, 37.5% 3fg). She also had over 5 rebounds per game and 43 steals.

She seems over-qualified to be a backup after starting almost every game the past two seasons, but I could see a scenario where she comes in to be the fourth backcourt starter and Fennelly commits to having significant bench minutes play in the backcourt.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
If anyone was wondering if Stephanie is really 6'6" - it sures looks like it from this pic
Looking at other pictures, Bill is maybe 5'10" or 5'11". So yeah, 6-6 seems legit. She's listed as 6-6 with FIBA, and I'm guessing teams could get in trouble if they fudged those numbers too much.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
New name on the list: Emilia Nworie, a 6-5 juco post (College of Southern Idaho). I'm listing her on the 2022 thread for now, but since she was a freshman this past season it's possible she's a 2023 recruit instead of 2022.

She's originally from Nigeria, but I believe she moved to the US prior to her sophomore year of high school.

She was an HM NJCAA AA, averaging 12.5 points and 8.0 rebounds. She also averaged around 2 blocks per game and was even 13-40 behind the arc.

NJCAA has the same COVID exception for 2020-21 as the NCAA, but since she was in high school in 20-21 it doesn't apply to her. So she'll have three seasons to play starting in 22-23 or two seasons to play starting in 23-24 (barring any redshirt seasons).

She received an offer a few months ago from Jim Littell at OSU, and when Littell was let go and subsequently hired as an assistant at Wichita State, WSU offered her.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
If anyone was wondering if Stephanie is really 6'6" - it sures looks like it from this pic

My daughter graduated this weekend. My wife and I saw Stephanie walking near campus. My wife immediately noticed how tall she was and asked if she was a basketball player. What I noticed was that she looked very athletic for being 6'6". It is going to be fun having her on the team.