***WBB: 2022 Recruiting Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Shantavia Dawkins has public offers from TCU and North Dakota, but I suspect ISU has offered her as well. And it's notable that three of the 14 likes on the below tweet (as of my posting this) come from ISU coaches.

Last edited:

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
I've been waiting for Shantavia Dawkins' commitment since mred posted the update three days ago. Our Canadian connection works the magic again. Thanks to the coaching staff for the awesome job of bringing in our very first 2022 recruit. Based on the video highlights she is a nice get. Bridget and Izzi must be very excited.

Here's the longer version of her commitment announcement video (3 min).

Check out Shantavia Dawkins' highlights.

https://twitter.com/bridgecarleton/status/1378101241310498820

Last edited:

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

Schools that offered her or showed interest in her, based on this video:
Iowa
Michigan
DePaul
Pitt
Wake Forest
TCU
Colgate
Ole Miss
Rutgers
Alabama

Other than TCU (which definitely did offer her) we have no way of knowing which offered and which merely showed interest, but that's a solid list.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I've been waiting for Shantavia Dawkins' commitment since mred posted the update three days ago. Our Canadian connection works the magic again. Thanks to the coaching staff for the awesome job of bringing in our very first 2022 recruit. Based on the video highlights she is a nice get. Bridget and Izzi must be very excited.

Here's the longer version of her commitment announcement video (3 min).

Check out Shantavia Dawkins' highlights.

One of the best commitment videos I've ever seen.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
From Tommy Birch

Canada native Shantavia Dawkins watched Bridget Carleton's career from afar. Dawkins watched Carleton, a fellow Canadian, move to the United States, have a prolific career at Iowa State and move on to the WNBA.

After seeing it all unfold, Dawkins had a thought.

Why couldn’t that happen to her as well?

The ultimate goal of course is the WNBA so to see her achieve goals like that and make it to the WNBA, that’s what interests me,” Dawkins said.

That’s why Dawkins, a 5-foot-10 guard from Brampton, Ontario, Canada, announced her commitment to the Iowa State women's basketball program on Friday. Dawkins, who plays for Southwest Basketball Academy, is a member of the class of 2022.

“She’s electric,” Southwest Basketball Academy coach Rob Angione said. “She does everything at a really high pace. She’s highly skilled. She can play the point. She can play off the ball. She can score in multiple ways. So, you’re getting a pretty dynamic, electric guard.”

That’s the type of player Carleton was. Carleton, who also hailed from Canada, went on to have one of the best basketball careers in Iowa State history, winning Big 12 Conference Player of the Year honors as a senior. She currently plays for the Minnesota Lynx.

It’s a path Dawkins wanted to take as well. So she picked Iowa State after receiving interest from a long list of schools including Pitt, Wake Forest, TCU, Ole Miss, Alabama, Iowa, Michigan and DePaul.

I want to go down there and make a name for myself,’ Dawkins said..

Reactions: Acylum

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
From Tommy Birch

Canada native Shantavia Dawkins watched Bridget Carleton's career from afar. Dawkins watched Carleton, a fellow Canadian, move to the United States, have a prolific career at Iowa State and move on to the WNBA.

After seeing it all unfold, Dawkins had a thought.

Why couldn’t that happen to her as well?

The ultimate goal of course is the WNBA so to see her achieve goals like that and make it to the WNBA, that’s what interests me,” Dawkins said.

That’s why Dawkins, a 5-foot-10 guard from Brampton, Ontario, Canada, announced her commitment to the Iowa State women's basketball program on Friday. Dawkins, who plays for Southwest Basketball Academy, is a member of the class of 2022.

“She’s electric,” Southwest Basketball Academy coach Rob Angione said. “She does everything at a really high pace. She’s highly skilled. She can play the point. She can play off the ball. She can score in multiple ways. So, you’re getting a pretty dynamic, electric guard.”

That’s the type of player Carleton was. Carleton, who also hailed from Canada, went on to have one of the best basketball careers in Iowa State history, winning Big 12 Conference Player of the Year honors as a senior. She currently plays for the Minnesota Lynx.

It’s a path Dawkins wanted to take as well. So she picked Iowa State after receiving interest from a long list of schools including Pitt, Wake Forest, TCU, Ole Miss, Alabama, Iowa, Michigan and DePaul.

I want to go down there and make a name for myself,’ Dawkins said..

Well is it 5'8" or 5'10" ? The cover story on CF gives the lesser height and here with this piece Dawkins is given an impressive additional two inches. Yes size matters.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well is it 5'8" or 5'10" ? The cover story on CF gives the lesser height and here with this piece Dawkins is given an impressive additional two inches. Yes size matters.

Her academy lists her as 5'-10" . So 5'-9"? ;)

Not sure if that is with Nike or Adidas court shoes. :rolleyes:

1617502362091.png

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My guess is she is as tall as other players listed at 5'10". In other words, 5'8" in bare feet and 5'9" in shoes.

Cool, I'm now 5'-11" after a lifetime of being only 5'-9". I am quite happy about this. Dumb doctors office still does the barefoot measure though. ;)