Washington State flag

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Seriously, I think it's a great tradition.

The fact that anybody would ever expect another team to do it is absurd.

Honestly, I think it’s nothing more than pandering for media attention. There’s a reason they started pumping it to the media the very first time they ever did it.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Honestly, I think it’s nothing more than pandering for media attention. There’s a reason they started pumping it to the media the very first time they ever did it.
I wouldn't go that far, but they certainly want everyone to know how awesome they are for doing it.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I wouldn't go that far, but they certainly want everyone to know how awesome they are for doing it.

I’d be curious to see U of I athletic department donations since 2016 compared to the U of I hospital donations in the same time.

Sneaking suspicion is that athletics increases more than the hospital donations.

Could be wrong, but it REALLY just feels like an attempt at good Will for a donation grab.

• Winner
Reactions: GTO and isufbcurt

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I’d be curious to see U of I athletic department donations since 2016 compared to the U of I hospital donations in the same time.

Sneaking suspicion is that athletics increases more than the hospital donations.

Could be wrong, but it REALLY just feels like an attempt at good Will for a donation grab.

No good deed should go unrewarded...

L

LincolnWay187

My assistant director at work is a big wash st guy and said he's actually on the committee to get the flaf sent around, asked if i knew anyone in ames. I told him no since i literally dont know anyone going lol.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
My assistant director at work is a big wash st guy and said he's actually on the committee to get the flaf sent around, asked if i knew anyone in ames. I told him no since i literally dont know anyone going lol.
If I was going to Ames I would totally do them a solid. I can't believe there are no Wazzu grads or fans anywhere close. I bet I know lots of people who would do that just to say they did it.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
The ironic part of this thread is that there is an article on CF about the help needed by others @ Ohio State, etc. to get the AmesDay sign thing started! lol. So, time for Iowa State fans to pass it on! :) Let's Go State! Beat the Hawks!

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I did not know that "the pit" is limited, how do they get in every week? Gotta imagine ESPN is making exceptions to keep it going? I'd bet the lineup at 3:30a Saturday morning will be 1,000 strong, I heard it will be limited to about 600 on Sat., Cougs better be on point.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron