Walking Dead

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I haven't really liked the show for a few seasons but I just can't stop watching. Kinda like watching a train wreck I guess.
Thought I’d give it a try tonight to see if I could get back into it. Turned it on and there’s some dude in a Stormtrooper getup. Decided not to waste my time.

• Haha
Reactions: arobb and GTO

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This season been exceptionally bad so far.
The back stories, and the separation of 3-5 characters off into different episodes is jarring. We seem to be rotating through Carol/Daryl, Maggie/Negan, and Eugene's gang. Now we'll wait two weeks before we see more of tonight's crew...and by then I will have forgotten most of what happened to them.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
The back stories, and the separation of 3-5 characters off into different episodes is jarring. We seem to be rotating through Carol/Daryl, Maggie/Negan, and Eugene's gang. Now we'll wait two weeks before we see more of tonight's crew...and by then I will have forgotten most of what happened to them.
It is so disjointed. It's like they took all the filler episodes, shuffled them out of order, and threw them on the schedule.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
It is so disjointed. It's like they took all the filler episodes, shuffled them out of order, and threw them on the schedule.
I wonder if Covid is the cause. I also heard they pay the actors by the episode, so if you split up the characters by episode you don’t have to pay them as much. The show is 100% about making money and no thought is given to quality. It’s time they wrap it up.

• Agree
Reactions: RonBurgundy and GTO

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I wonder if Covid is the cause. I also heard they pay the actors by the episode, so if you split up the characters by episode you don’t have to pay them as much. The show is 100% about making money and no thought is given to quality. It’s time they wrap it up.
I’m pretty sure that these however many episodes are because of Covid and was limiting people on set at that. Should’ve just not put anything out.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Caught up on last weeks and tonight’s episode.

The Carol/Darryl episode may be one of the most pointless waste of time there was.
This Negan episode was pretty good. Was interesting to get his backstory

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

The Carol/Darryl episode may be one of the most pointless waste of time there was.
Agree on both comments. One addition...the last thing on this planet that I wanted to do was to feel empathy for Negan. Gahhhh!

I'm glad the way they ended it...made me think that I can comfortably continue to despise him.

Reactions: RonBurgundy

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017

The Negan episode was very, very good. Did not know until afterward that his wife played his wife.

I cannot believe they gave us two Darryl/Carol episodes. Thought we were going to find out what Maggie has been doing past 5(?) years.

Cannot agree more that the two Darryl/Carol episodes sucked rocks. I wasn't going to watch it anyway, but they have completely destroyed any shred of curiousity about the spin off. No thanks, AMC, don't need to follow two people walking in the woods and grunting at each other occasionally.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
We are halfway through the Negan episode. I read the Negan backstory several years back and I don't think this was tracking with it so far. I may be wrong because it has been so long since I read it.

For the most part, this season was awful. Daryl and Carol...wow. If AMC still plans a spinoff of those they should stop.

My wife do enjoy seeing Alexandria though. When ISU played in the Camping World Bowl we stopped in Senoia, GA and took a Walking Dead tour. Recognizing the buildings etc is cool while watching the show.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
Any long running tv series is going to have some a few filler episodes. Remember the "Fly" episode on Breaking Bad? The problem is when they are stacked up one after another. This show hasnt given viewers anything in this abbreviated season. What an absolute waste. They should have just skipped it and added anything on to the so called final season coming up. Better than throwing this out there.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
As someone who read the comics religiously until the end and loved the first three or four AMC seasons, this damn show has become a zombie itself..it just won’t die!

No fear, next season is the last. It's an extended season, however, 24 episodes.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
The Negan episode was very, very good. Did not know until afterward that his wife played his wife.

I cannot believe they gave us two Darryl/Carol episodes. Thought we were going to find out what Maggie has been doing past 5(?) years.

Cannot agree more that the two Darryl/Carol episodes sucked rocks. I wasn't going to watch it anyway, but they have completely destroyed any shred of curiousity about the spin off. No thanks, AMC, don't need to follow two people walking in the woods and grunting at each other occasionally.

Maggie went off with that old woman and the twins to help other people learn how to use old technology, is what I thought had happened. From the hints we've been given so far, it didn't go all that well at the end.

What I couldn't stand about the Negan episode is how they raved about it on Talking Dead. The host said it was his favorite episode maybe ever. Nothing happened. Just more walking and talking. That's all they've been doing lately, walking and talking about their feelings. I'd watch Dr. Phil if I wanted to hear about people's feelings.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Maggie went off with that old woman and the twins to help other people learn how to use old technology, is what I thought had happened. From the hints we've been given so far, it didn't go all that well at the end.

What I couldn't stand about the Negan episode is how they raved about it on Talking Dead. The host said it was his favorite episode maybe ever. Nothing happened. Just more walking and talking. That's all they've been doing lately, walking and talking about their feelings. I'd watch Dr. Phil if I wanted to hear about people's feelings.

Yea, I thought we were going to get a peek at Maggie's life of late, but I guess that others are correct, and the set was limited due to COVID, so probably no realistic way to give us a good view of Georgi's community.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
Any long running tv series is going to have some a few filler episodes. Remember the "Fly" episode on Breaking Bad? The problem is when they are stacked up one after another. This show hasnt given viewers anything in this abbreviated season. What an absolute waste. They should have just skipped it and added anything on to the so called final season coming up. Better than throwing this out there.
"Carol's Cooking Hour" might have been the worst episode ever. I did like the Negan flashback episode, however. IMO the biggest missed opportunity was not showing more flashbacks to pre-apocalypse times, similar to how Lost would bounce between the island and the real world. I would have loved to see Glenn as a pizza delivery guy or Ezekiel as whatever he was. It makes you care about the characters more, and that has been missing in the last few seasons.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
IIRC , the beginning of the end for me was the idiotic Book of Knowledge episode probably 5 or so seasons back. They played it up as some hugely important document some woman had that was key to survival. And they’re reading through it and listing stuff off and it’s like “How to Chop Down a Tree”, “How to Drive a Nail with a Hammer”, and “How to Bake a Pie”. And they’re all oohing and aahing over it like it’s the Holy Grail. That and Daryl quick drawing, shooting from the hip, and plugging a guy in the forehead from 50 yards and Idiot Coral picking off zombies with Annie Oakley trick shots were a little much. I mean, I can suspend disbelief for the zombies, but some basic stuff has to remain somewhat realistic.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron