Walking Dead

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Well, guess I will fire up the ole' TWD thread. I am in full DVR mode, so watched it last night instead of Sunday. I still think this is shaping up to be a solid season. The Whisperers look like a formidable foe and it will be interesting to watch this play out. I just hope they finish the conflict by the end of the season. Don't need any multi-season drags.

Will post one spoiler observation.

Count me in the group that thought the Negan issue was handled just right, although Judith being in the middle of the road ALL BY HERSELF to take a shot at Negan was one of the most WTF moments of the entire series. Hope he turns out to be a key leader against the Whisperers. He was literally 2 steps ahead of Rick until Eugene.

Do not watch Talking Dead, but heard a reference to an Easter Egg. Anyone care to post in a spoiler?

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This season has actually taken a big step up.

Whether or not that can level off the ratings tailspin the show has been in is another question. Over 2 years the show went from getting 16-18mil to getting 5 million viewers. Deservedly so for the product they were putting out. May be hard to recover from that regardless of if the quality has improved

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
This season has actually taken a big step up.

Whether or not that can level off the ratings tailspin the show has been in is another question. Over 2 years the show went from getting 16-18mil to getting 5 million viewers. Deservedly so for the product they were putting out. May be hard to recover from that regardless of if the quality has improved

Yeah this season has been very good but I think it's lost on people who somehow want it to be bad and people who were understandably attached to main characters.

This is why a lot of amazing epic TV shows end or have to end in 5-7 seasons. My favorite TV series is probably the X-Files and season 6 and 7 were doing everything they could to keep the stars there after seasons 3-5 were the obvious peak, then they ran it for season 8 and 9 with replacement stars. Very similar situation going to happen here.

Star Trek TNG called it quits at exactly the right time spinning it into a successful movie series. Walking Dead should have wrapped with Negan and then this plot line is the first movie or first part of a two part movie.

I live a block from the studio that shoots talking dead (price is right studio too actually) and I've put in for the free audience tickets a dozen times, last night was the first time I got them but they gave me such last minute notice I still wasn't able to go. I'm sure that's in part to fandom waning, I imagine it was 1000s of people trying to get one of 150 tickets before now.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
I now have the five newest episodes on DVR that I have not watched. Am not sure if it's worth getting through all of them or not. Seems like the show has gotten better, based on what I've read. But my interest level has finally dropped off to the point where I'm questioning whether it's worth my time.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
Are the Highway Men characters from the comic? That crap was stupid. Oh, you have movies? We'd love to help you then.

And the flip side to that coin is even though the highway men just threatened them and the characters (especially Carol who has been there since season 1) have been through countless ruthless opposing groups. One that included cannabinolism. They decide to just trust this one random group. And if this group of highway people are so easily persuaded they would have been devoured years ago. But what the heck. I am enjoying this show again, and glad it is getting back to being a show about the living dead. The whisperers are a great add, but I agree with you about the highway men.

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS and GTO

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Something going on with AMC tonight? This episode seems like it’s cutting out randomly, short commercials and then picks up with gaps missing. So confused

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The only way I could really follow it was by watching Michonne's belly to know if it was flashback or current...and I'm still kind of confused on the story line of her former college friend.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy