VT Freshman Charged with Murder

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I've seen a lot of people justifying this by saying he was raped and duped by the victim. The suspect said he assaulted the man because he thought it was a woman he was meeting for a 2nd sexual encounter.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I've seen a lot of people justifying this by saying he was raped and duped by the victim. The suspect said he assaulted the man because he thought it was a woman he was meeting for a 2nd sexual encounter.

The first Tinder encounter he received oral sex. He went back for a second hookup and found far different equipment than he'd expected.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
So he met a girl on Tinder who was actually guy, received some oral, went back for the main attraction but realized it was a guy and then killed him?

If these are the facts - I am conflicted. On one hand I feel you should have known after the first encounter that it was a guy. On the other hand I'd be pretty pissed if meetup 1 happened then I found out I had been duped, but probably not kill someone pissed more like beat the crap out of them a few times pissed.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
“According to the autopsy, all the bones in Blacksburg resident Jerry Paul Smith's face were broken, his teeth were missing and he had multiple cranial fractures. Etute told the police he punched the victim five times in the face and continued punching them when the person hit the ground and "stomped" on them.”

• Wow
Reactions: IASTATE07

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
“According to the autopsy, all the bones in Blacksburg resident Jerry Paul Smith's face were broken, his teeth were missing and he had multiple cranial fractures. Etute told the police he punched the victim five times in the face and continued punching them when the person hit the ground and "stomped" on them.”

Seems excessive

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Internalized/self-directed homophobia, too.

Yeah, if you’re an at all well adjusted human being who is comfortable with your sexuality, you would react to the circumstances being hugely, moderately, or slightly embarassed. If you have a sense of humor, you might even be able to laugh at yourself. The immediate reaction of “I need to literally destroy this person” is sickening.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
just want to throw out there that my understanding is the victim was not trans; it was a case of cat fishing.
So was there a sexual encounter with a woman the first time and then a switch or something the 2nd time

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Yeah, if you’re an at all well adjusted human being who is comfortable with your sexuality, you would react to the circumstances being hugely, moderately, or slightly embarassed. If you have a sense of humor, you might even be able to laugh at yourself. The immediate reaction of “I need to literally destroy this person” is sickening.

More than likely well adjusted human beings are not going to be browsing Tinder.