VS Chattanooga

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
We wrestled fairly conservative and looked flat. What was good was seeing all 8 varsity wrestlers win and Shapiro winning 3 good matches at UNI. Degen should get back on the mat after Christmas. Team inched closer to getting 10 qualifiers at Nationals.
This is pretty spot on. Would have liked to see some bonus at 25 and 41, as well as some more separation at 33.

Colbray’s win was big. Had to be good for his confidence to get back on track against a ranked opponent.

Other than Carr, I probably thought Gremmel looked the best. Was aggressive and dominant.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott34

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Thought the meet was about average for excitement. Of course Carr dominated and got people fired up, but I'm still disappointed about the product we have at 197. I realize both these guys are fairly young but man, it's hard watching that weight wrestle.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
I think the band playing in between matches disrupts the flow of the meet and dampens crowd reaction carrying over from match to match. Appreciate them being there but not sure we need something after every match .
Anyone else think the ref was slow to count near fall ? Felt we could have had more in a few matches.