Visitor Section moves

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
If this was already posted go ahead and shut it down or move to that tread.

I got a letter today in the mail from ISU Athletics showing were the visitor section will be on the East side of the stadium. I might be wrong but it looks like for the East side the visitors are only getting Section 26. On the West side visitors will still have H and J.

Didn't visitors have Sections 15 and 16 before? Now they'll get a smaller area?

Also, where do you guys think the visiting bands will sit? I'm in Section R and hate being by the band. I would think the visiting bands would be placed higher up in H and J so boosters and such had access to the better seating of section 26, but that doesn't allow easy access for the visiting band to the field for when that happens.

What do you guys think?

CysLoveChild

Dec 8, 2011
Ames, IA
I have season tickets in Section 27 and I got my letter about this on Wednesday. It says "all seats in Section 26 will now be re-allocated for the visiting team and/or the visiting team marching band. No other sections or seats will be displaced because of the sideline switch."
It also goes on to say that since I'm a season ticket holder in Section 25 or 27 (on either side of the visitors), we will get the opportunity to move our seats to a new location (based on open seats) in late April. This will be before the annual seating process for all season ticket holders in mid-day.
So I'm kind of bummed, we really liked our seats and the people around us and across from us in Section 26. But there's no way I want to have to sit next to the Visitors section / the visiting band. Will probably look to move across the field into Section 15.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Looks like they are doing a reasonable job of trying to minimize the impact. However, I don't like the idea of having to look over the visitor's section in the future.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The letter says, "As a result of this sideline switch, all seats in Section 26 will now be re-allocated for the visiting team and/or the visiting team marching band."

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
How many teams actually bring a band. i hardly noticed them this past year and was sitting in the section next to them. I kinda like being near the visitors section because it was always empty and you could move and have as much space as you want. Plus all the seats around me were being sold to visiting fans anyway.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
UNI and EIU will certainly bring bands. "Fortunately," they may be too big for Section 26!

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
UNI and eiu always bring full bands, Big 12 schools usually bring a pep band that doesn't march. Last team I can remember besides our in state rivals to bring a full marching band was Texas A&M, and I really enjoyed them. Maybe KU or KSU but it has been awhile since they did.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Why don't we shove the visiting fans in crappy sections like every other school does? Give them Q, P, and O and call it good.

UNI and eiu always bring full bands, Big 12 schools usually bring a pep band that doesn't march. Last team I can remember besides our in state rivals to bring a full marching band was Texas A&M, and I really enjoyed them. Maybe KU or KSU but it has been awhile since they did.
KU brought their band in 2011 I believe. They did a joint set with the ISU marching band.

• Winner
Reactions: ISUKyro

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Why don't we shove the visiting fans in crappy sections like every other school does? Give them Q, P, and O and call it good.

KU brought their band in 2011 I believe. They did a joint set with the ISU marching band.

Better. Split them up and only sell isolated seats in upper rows of bad sections. Like they do at Kinnick.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
I have tickets in both 26 and 27. I've really come to appreciate the location. Switching sides means I'm further away from our tailgate. The only saving grace is that I may be able to improve the seat location of the ones in 26. So I get to choose between having the sun and the opposing bands and fans in my ear, or a longer walk. Kinda bummed about it....

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
UNI and EIU will certainly bring bands. "Fortunately," they may be too big for Section 26!
I thought I read there are 500 seats in Sec 26, I assume that would be enough for any visiting band. When it comes to U of I don't they bring temp bleacher in and seat them on the field or was that just before the new SEZ.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I thought I read there are 500 seats in Sec 26, I assume that would be enough for any visiting band. When it comes to U of I don't they bring temp bleacher in and seat them on the field or was that just before the new SEZ.

In either case, I moved from the old endzone bleachers to the southeast corner and have enjoyed being farther away from the visitor's section and band. Now, it looks like they will be even closer. In the big picture, it is probably the right thing to do, but it is not without its discomforts.

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
In either case, I moved from the old endzone bleachers to the southeast corner and have enjoyed being farther away from the visitor's section and band. Now, it looks like they will be even closer. In the big picture, it is probably the right thing to do, but it is not without its discomforts.
I am in the same boat. I am not as worried about the visiting band but the placement of the cheerleaders.There are a few people in our group that have ties to the ISU cheerleaders which I assumed will never be on that Southeast corner ever again.