Vikings fans...

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
X Rhoades has got to go. He is a severe liability now. It's sad to watch.
Very fortunate to pull this out today.
They stopped going at Rhoads in the 4th qtr and tried going at Waynes but Waynes made some great plays. I was nervous about that because he gets called for PI a lot, but he held his own.

I hope we trade Rhoads and maybe some desperate team wanting a veteran corner will give up a 2nd round pick. Realistically though I would expect a 3rd or 4th rounder. I wouldn't mind drafting Diggs' brother, he has some good coverage skills.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Vikings have a top 10 offense and defense this year. Neither unit is consistently dominate, like the defense was for a couple years, but either unit can win you a game. The offense is a bit ahead of the defense right now.

• Agree

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Cousins won that game today in spite of garbage defense and no running game to speak of. There is no other explanation.

Let the record reflect that Kirk Cousins won a game from 3 scores behind, and a 20-0 halftime deficit -- a feat teams were previously 0-99 in completing.

They are now 1-99, and that 1 is Kirk Freakin' Cousins, everybody.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
........Let the record reflect that Kirk Cousins won a game from 3 scores behind, and a 20-0 halftime deficit -- a feat teams were previously 0-99 in completing.
They are now 1-99, and that 1 is Kirk Freakin' Cousins, everybody.

Wasn't Cousins the last QB to come back from 20 down when he was in Washington? The infamous "How do you like me now?" game.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Wasn't Cousins the last QB to come back from 20 down when he was in Washington? The infamous "How do you like me now?" game.
He definitely thrives when everyone is against him. He got the big contract, and was ok last year, then started off pretty bad this season. The fans and everyone else started to turn on him and he's been fantastic the last 4-5 games. He was really bad in the first half today, then tore it up after he and the team got booed going into half time.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Something like that yeah, but this stat I believe is limited to just >=20-0 halftime scores, hence the 1-99 record.

Insane. Against a top-5(?) defense, that's taking control of a game.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
offense has put them in some tough spots but this Vikings defense is so ******* overrated. Spend pick after pick on CBs and trot ******* Rhodes out there. Huge contracts all over the defense and they miss tackles and get worked up front.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone06

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
offense has put them in some tough spots but this Vikings defense is so ******* overrated. Spend pick after pick on CBs and trot ******* Rhodes out there. Huge contracts all over the defense and they miss tackles and get worked up front.

They've been out there almost the entire second half.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
They've been out there almost the entire second half.
Meh, spending the picks and contracts they have and having a defensive minded coach I don't think giving up fewer than 34 is a real big ask.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Meh, spending the picks and contracts they have and having a defensive minded coach I don't think giving up fewer than 34 is a real big ask.

The offense turned it over twice inside their own 30. Maybe the offense shouldn't suck so much.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I honestly didn't think I could see worse special teams tonight than what I saw on Saturday but it happened. Amazing.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The offense turned it over twice inside their own 30. Maybe the offense shouldn't suck so much.
Yeah weird that they skimp on $ and picks in the OL and it sucks.
I'm not saying the offense did its job, it did not. Put up yards but couldn't score and turned over with two short fields.
But if you are going to spend picks and contract dollars like they do on defense it should absolutely carry the team. Giving up 450 yards and 37 points is bad regardless of the situation. Gave up almost 400 yards to the Broncos with Brandon Allen at QB.

Vikings have the highest cap allocation to defense in the league. They need to be better.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cycloneG