Urban

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Rapoport said that the $12M was not true. It will take good money, but not $12M/year

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Matt Rhule got $8.6 million per year from the Panthers.

Nick Saban gets $9.3 million per year from Alabama. He's the highest-paid of college coaches.

Bill Belichick gets $12 million and Pete Carroll gets $11 million -- the two highest-paid in the NFL.

If his place in "the market" is alongside Belichick and Carroll, well, it is not unreasonble.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Matt Rhule got $8.6 million per year from the Panthers.

Nick Saban gets $9.3 million per year from Alabama. He's the highest-paid of college coaches.

Bill Belichick gets $12 million and Pete Carroll gets $11 million -- the two highest-paid in the NFL.

If his place in "the market" is alongside Belichick and Carroll, well, it is not unreasonble.

If urban goes, he should make more than Rhule. $12 million isn’t crazy in that context.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
He knows that he has 4 or 5 years to win what he can, before a scandal befalls the program. Gotta make that $ fast!

"So here's what you're going to do. Go to the parking garage at the mall and there you will find a black charger with out-of-state license plates. Pull up next to the car and flash your brights 3 times. Make sure you keep your back door unlocked. This will signal the passenger in this car to drop off a duffel bag of cash. Drive straight home and do not open the bag until you are sure you are on your own. No one can ever know about this conversation."

"I mean, I guess coach. They normally just give me my game check direct deposit but you're the boss."

• Funny
  • Haha
Reactions: NWICY and motorcy90

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Exactly what I was thinking.
No reason TX shouldn't have ponied up for that.

I bet he wasn't interested in college. I imagine that recruiting has to take it's toll on you. Between recruiting, transfers and early entrants, you're constantly having to figure out your roster. I'd imagine there's tremendous allure to being paid better and having someone else primarily responsible for the personnel.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Personally, I would take the USC job over Texas. You could rule the West Coast under way less stress.
Yeah, he’s been all over the country at this point too so knows the landscape pretty well.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah, he’s been all over the country at this point too so knows the landscape pretty well.
Oh yeah. And if all he did was keep the California kids, Arizona kids, and some of the US Islands (Samoa) kids, he would do great.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron