ULL Message Boards

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Well, haven’t been back in a while, but had to drop by this morning to offer congrats on the big win yesterday!
Your kids know how to win. But the last two games you'll have played should not have been close right? I think we are seeing that COVID-related training is going to show a season of weird outcomes. Just look at KSU winning in Norman after losing to Arkansas State.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

GeauxUL

Sep 12, 2020
Your kids know how to win. But the last two games you'll have played should not have been close right? I think we are seeing that COVID-related training is going to show a season of weird outcomes. Just look at KSU winning in Norman after losing to Arkansas State.
Well, here is just IMHO:

1) Ga State: first game for them, ‘new’ stadium, chance to go after a newly ranked team. I think our players were a bit spooked, and played too conservative. The other guys were just plain more motivated than we were. Yet we found a way to win.
2) Ga Southern: huge depth issues on our side mostly due to Covid issues, but a couple of further injury issues during the game. Their QB is some talented kid. You really need to watch 2 clips from that game: the GS 2 pt conversion, and of course the winning 53 yd FG.
So this game was way closer than it should have been, but yes, we still found a way to win the game.

cheers guys and continued good luck going forward.

• Friendly
Reactions: aauummm

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Well, here is just IMHO:

1) Ga State: first game for them, ‘new’ stadium, chance to go after a newly ranked team. I think our players were a bit spooked, and played too conservative. The other guys were just plain more motivated than we were. Yet we found a way to win.
2) Ga Southern: huge depth issues on our side mostly due to Covid issues, but a couple of further injury issues during the game. Their QB is some talented kid. You really need to watch 2 clips from that game: the GS 2 pt conversion, and of course the winning 53 yd FG.
So this game was way closer than it should have been, but yes, we still found a way to win the game.

cheers guys and continued good luck going forward.
1) We know. ;) (As a side note I can't believe they have the 8th largest video board.)
2) I think we will see this as the basis of many of the upsets or closer than normal games.

Good luck on the rest of the year. Hopefully they stay undefeated and roll the rest of the way. Maybe we can meet you again in the CFP. LOL

GeauxUL

Sep 12, 2020
Ha! I truly did not realize how you guys might be very able to relate to #1 of comment. This empathizing thing is tough sometimes, lol

Last edited:

IndyClone15

Jan 28, 2019
Metropolis
Dang, I was hoping Lousiana would win. I didn't watch the game, but the score says ULL put up a good fight. Hopefully they can win the rest of their games.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Dang, I was hoping Lousiana would win. I didn't watch the game, but the score says ULL put up a good fight. Hopefully they can win the rest of their games.

I have watched Costal Carolina twice now and I am really impressed. They have a good amount of talent for a Sun Belt team.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
THIS is not good news. Lafayette loses.
https://www.espn.com/college-football/
CheapOptimisticBorzoi-small.gif

Reactions: SCarolinaCy