Tyrese Hunter PG '21 - Committed!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
We obviously hope that Walker pans out (no reason to not to) but I am not concerned about the future years back court height. With the wings ISU is bringing in with Conditt and Foster in the post there is plenty of length to mitigate a smaller back court. Plus in this transfer area there is always a way to bring in a taller guard if it becomes an issue.
Regardless 6'1" is more than enough size for a starting PG in Hunter's case and also assumes he's done growing. I have seen him listed as 6'2" a couple of places already. As always get the best players and figure out the roster later.
Hunter a top 100 pg who is athletic good handle and solid outside shot is a awesome start to the 2021 class and allows for the staff to focus on the next piece (assuming the smoke leads to a 3PM fire).

I'm not down on Hunter by any means. I just think going 5'9", 6'1", 6'1" in your backcourt will be a little troublesome. We've been spoiled by big, good-rebounding guards in the past few years with NWB and Tyrese.

With that said, I'm also glad to see what a little quicker, better penetrating look at PG will do.

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
I believe Hunter would be the highest rated(247 composite) PG recruit of the Prohm era and ISU’s highest since Monte. (LW is/was not a PG).

Last edited:

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
We obviously hope that Walker pans out (no reason to not to) but I am not concerned about the future years back court height. With the wings ISU is bringing in with Conditt and Foster in the post there is plenty of length to mitigate a smaller back court. Plus in this transfer area there is always a way to bring in a taller guard if it becomes an issue.
Regardless 6'1" is more than enough size for a starting PG in Hunter's case and also assumes he's done growing. I have seen him listed as 6'2" a couple of places already. As always get the best players and figure out the roster later.
Hunter a top 100 pg who is athletic good handle and solid outside shot is a awesome start to the 2021 class and allows for the staff to focus on the next piece (assuming the smoke leads to a 3PM fire).
He's Ja Morant light. Can't wait to have him

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'm not down on Hunter by any means. I just think going 5'9", 6'1", 6'1" in your backcourt will be a little troublesome. We've been spoiled by big, good-rebounding guards in the past few years with NWB and Tyrese.

With that said, I'm also glad to see what a little quicker, better penetrating look at PG will do.

I don't think those 3 will spend a ton of time on the floor together, with a waiver, this group would only be together 1 year. Plus they have some good length on the wing to put around them with Walker, Hinson, Blackwell and Dubar. Not to mention the most size and length we've had at the post that I can remember with George and XF. Being a better built team should keep us out of the trouble of being a bit undersized at a couple spots. Prohm has not only brought in talent, I think he's done a great job bringing in the right pieces. We have a better ability to match up with teams of all styles than we've had in a long time.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm thrilled about this kid. I do think we will really need Jaden Walker to pan out though, because we need some height in the back court with Harris, Jackson and Hunter being 6'1" or smaller.
I'm less concerned about the height of our backcourt and more focused on Prohm landing a couple bigs in this class. I don't see a lot of targets, this team could be playing 5 guards 100% in a few years

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I'm less concerned about the height of our backcourt and more focused on Prohm landing a couple bigs in this class. I don't see a lot of targets, this team could be playing 5 guards 100% in a few years

I think David Joplin, a PF out of Milwaukee, will be one of our top targets going forward. Probably want to round out the class with a shooting guard with size or wing and a PF.

https://247sports.com/Player/David-Joplin-46050550/

Texas seems to lead here, however.

Last edited:

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
These are the recruits we have to get to win in the Big 12. Hunter and Foster are a good Top 100 pairing along with Dubar and Blackwell as Top 150ish guys. Add two more Top 100 guy and a good transfer, and you have a salty team.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
ISU warms/high interest/recent offers, all 6'6" - 6'8":
SF Kaleb Washington: FSU, Georgia, GT, ISU, San Diego State
SF Alden Applewhite: ISU, Miss St, Ole Miss, St. John's
SF Alex Fudge
SF Andrew Williams
SF Jordan Nesbitt: Nebraska, Illinois
PF David Joplin: Texas, Butler, ISU, Missouri, UNLV, Vanderbilt

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Landing T Hunter should help with other kids as well. Landing back to back good recruiting classes is exactly what Prohm needs..

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Not sure why anyone would want to go negative in a commitment watch thread but here we are.

First and foremost Hunter is more than big enough to play the point. Not much more to say.

Harris at the 2 is always going to be the center of posts like these. Well he's a 4 star that contributed well at Memphis. If he can't here he won't play. Period. I don't have any concerns about Harris. It's not like he was 6'4 but woke up 5'9. The kid was a 5'9 4 star and that's saying something.

Lastly Jackson, he's not going to play the 3. We have Hinson, Johnson, Dubar and Blackwell . Not to mention the 2021 wing we'll sign. Forgot Walker who's 6'5.

The only possible way we go that small is if they are all playing too well to sit. Again not a problem.

Last edited: