Transfer Portal Tracker

Raywswartz

KC Chief
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2006
A big take away from these portal entries are the lack of big names being poached and Iowa State keeping its OL and DL intact. That's huge. With so much youth playing major snaps this past season we are seeing guys leave who know their snaps next year are going to be limited. That's fine, good luck to them and their futures. Campbell has this team set to go on a run! Hopefully he learned from 2021 (which he admitted to making mistakes) and the staff can better handle the expectations coming in 2024&25.
And maybe have team ready to play before week 5?

Reactions: Acylum and DBQR4CY

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I bet he knew about everyone going into the portal, last week. So in a roundabout way, he didn't anticipate anymore surprises, even though they were surprises to us.
I think it’s moreso he just didn’t want talk about it. At least that’s how I interpreted it. Because the answer itself was pretty vague.

I anticipate there will be more transfers and hopefully none of them are impact starters (or at least in areas where we don’t have a good backup). Blum was optimistic, which made me optimistic.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Power 5 outgoing transfers into the portal per 247sports as of 12/5 @1PM with +10 transfers.

• Indiana: 22
  • Purdue: 19
  • Cincinnati: 18
  • Vanderbilt: 16
  • South Carolina: 16
  • Michigan State: 15
  • North Carolina: 15
  • North Carolina State: 15
  • Washington State: 13
  • Wake Forest: 12
  • Kansas State: 12
  • Kentucky: 11
  • Arkansas: 11
  • Iowa State: 11
  • Pittsburgh: 11
  • Ohio State: 10
  • Oklahoma: 10
  • Arizona State: 10
  • Texas A&M: 10
  • Florida: 10
  • Boston College: 10s

What are the two names missing from the OPs post?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I think it’s moreso he just didn’t want talk about it. At least that’s how I interpreted it. Because the answer itself was pretty vague.

I anticipate there will be more transfers and hopefully none of them are impact starters (or at least in areas where we don’t have a good backup). Blum was optimistic, which made me optimistic.
Blum was only dealing with guys the staff deemed priorities. Guys that don't see a possibility of playing time leaving in the grand scheme aren't losses.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Ohio State's QB lost 1 game this year and was asked to transfer. His stats from this year 3,200 yards 24 Td's and 6 ints.

What a world....

DClone

Apr 11, 2006
I
Power 5 outgoing transfers into the portal per 247sports as of 12/5 @1PM with +10 transfers.

• Indiana: 22
  • Purdue: 19
  • Cincinnati: 18
  • Vanderbilt: 16
  • South Carolina: 16
  • Michigan State: 15
  • North Carolina: 15
  • North Carolina State: 15
  • Washington State: 13
  • Wake Forest: 12
  • Kansas State: 12
  • Kentucky: 11
  • Arkansas: 11
  • Iowa State: 11
  • Pittsburgh: 11
  • Ohio State: 10
  • Oklahoma: 10
  • Arizona State: 10
  • Texas A&M: 10
  • Florida: 10
  • Boston College: 10
I wouldn't count Hanika as he has not been on the team since before the season even started.

Reactions: PickSix

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Heard what I thought was a good take this morning on FOX Sports. LaVar Arrington I think played at Penn State and was a 1st round draft pick. He said most players should only go in the portal if they already have a known destination. They are giving up a free education, good relationships, good training, good nutrition, good medical care. And there are a lot of kids that go in the portal and end up sitting on a couch with nothing. Even if you're content with moving downward, at least have a place to land before you jump in.
isn't that tampering? can you talk to other programs BEFORE entering the portal?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
They were saying on the B12 radio show that right now there are 1,000 players in the portal and last year only around 450 or so actually moved to a P5 school. They were saying that schools need to see that type of information and just tell a kid, "Look you can leave, but here are the numbers from the past season, and you might be on the outside without a scholarship."

• Winner
Reactions: 06_CY

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I

I wouldn't count Hanika as he has not been on the team since before the season even started.
Hanika was practicing with the team the second half of the season, and was on the sidelines of those games. He likely wants full-time snaps (and some cash doesn't hurt either), and he's not going to get that in Ames with his final year of eligibility.