Trade Baylor for Tulane

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
And lose the TV revenue from Greater Waco??

Tulane would be an upgrade. I tend to lean toward large, public research schools like Cincinnati or U of Houston. Maybe Colorado State.

It doesn't seem like there's any evidence that the conference is considering a change though.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
I’m gonna get killed for this but I’ve been to New Orleans and it’s cool and whatever but it is EXTREMELY overrated. There’s a ton of cities I would rather go to much before going back to that place.
Crazy talk, I’d put it as a top 10 American city. Unique, amazing food, interesting history, drinks to go, not all white washed and corporate like most cities.

Peter

Feb 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
And lose the TV revenue from Greater Waco??

Tulane would be an upgrade. I tend to lean toward large, public research schools like Cincinnati or U of Houston. Maybe Colorado State.

It doesn't seem like there's any evidence that the conference is considering a change though.
I love Cincinnati. Great city with amazing food, bars, architecture. Plus it would give WVU a buddy out east. I would rather get SMU than Houston because it would add a historic rivalry to the conference with TCU. Colorado Springs is nice, but I have a feeling that all the money in the Big XII couldn't save the CSU athletic department.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Crazy talk, I’d put it as a top 10 American city. Unique, amazing food, interesting history, drinks to go, not all white washed and corporate like most cities.
Yeah, NO has plenty of nasty, but it is truly a cool, unique city unlike anything else in the US. It’s not my cup of tea exactly but it is damn cool in a unique way.

The fact that so many ISU fans think an ugly, boring piece of sprawl like DFW is great makes me question their taste in cities.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I love Cincinnati. Great city with amazing food, bars, architecture. Plus it would give WVU a buddy out east. I would rather get SMU than Houston because it would add a historic rivalry to the conference with TCU. Colorado Springs is nice, but I have a feeling that all the money in the Big XII couldn't save the CSU athletic department.
CSU is in Ft Collins. Another great town, or at least a decent town in an awesome area.

AFA is in Springs.

Absolutely no Texas schools. Once you have UT, only TAMU is value-added. The rest add nothing to the numerator while adding to the denominator

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

I'm not really interested in elevating any more schools. TCU was a good add, but they had gotten a lot of exposure nationally by that point and should probably be looked at as the exception to the rule.

Unless you can nab the AZ schools, assuming the Pac continues to create malcontents, staying at 10 is best for the conference.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
CSU = Fort Collins

Reactions: Peter

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron