top 10 reservists

BearDownAZ

May 27, 2014
York number 1 in the nation? This list is very, very wrong. No surprise looking at who wrote it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think the starters for the first 4-5 games will be Monte/Naz/Dejean-Jones/Hogue/Niang due to Nader's 2 game suspension.

Then around the Arkansas game I think the starters will be Monte/Dejean-Jones/Nader/Hogue/Niang. With a bench of Naz/Thomas/Custer/Edozie or Tsalmpouris

Then around the Kansas game in Hilton I think they will be Monte/Dejean-Jones/Hogue/Niang/McKay. With a bench of Nader/Naz/Thomas/Custer

Was posting this almost exactly when I scrolled down and saw you had it.

Other than the first two games we are going to have a SICK bench. I still think there's a chance SDW makes strides the same way Naz did and you didn't even mention him. Naz didn't look any less lost out there his freshman year than SDW did...then quantum leap his soph year.

It'll be interesting to see how much Edozie improves, if he is good enough I know Fred will use him when matchups require more size or a game where there is a ton of fouling.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I still think there's a chance SDW makes strides the same way Naz did and you didn't even mention him. Naz didn't look any less lost out there his freshman year than SDW did...then quantum leap his soph year.

I edited it right before you replied. Ha. Dorsey-Walker might crack the lineup. It's gonna be tough though considering he is competing with Dejean-Jones, Naz, and Thomas for minutes.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
Lol at number 8! I still can't understand the tons of people who think Iowa is a top 25 team. One preseason poll came out with Iowa in the top 15! Nader seems to be very highly praised and with McKay out until December, my guess is Nader gets a great chance to prove himself with a lot of playing time.
You realize that top 15 was a typo. They had iowa state and Iowa switched as their seeding later had iowa state the 3 seed.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
I really think we will have among the best 6th, 7th, and 8th men this year. Assuming the starting lineup predictions are right, Nader, Long, and Thomas will be an amazing bench. Hell, Thomas is the "least" of those 3, and he started like 20 games for us last year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron