Today feels even worse

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Today sucks.

raining_david_tennant.gif

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
What will make it worse is if UCLA comes out today and put a beat down on UAB.

Yeah, Parker and Hamilton had bad games and they still won. If Hamilton gets any sort of consistency, and they don't listen to Steve too much, they could make the final 4.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Imagine the meltdown if the season ended with back-to-back losses to Texas and UAB. We would have lost four of our last six games on the season with the only wins being a double-digit comeback against TCU and a 20-point comeback at Hilton.

Oh god, the heart, grit, and mental toughness posts would be off the charts.

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
It just really hurts knowing we didn't play anywhere near to our ability, but yet both UNI and Iowa did. That is frustrating.

I think we were clearly the best team in the state, and we're the first ones going home. Doesn't take away the great season we had, but it's just disappointing.

March Madness is all about upsets... you just don't want it to be your team that gets upset. It stings.
we weren't clearly the best team, we were way too inconsistent. Most talent yes, but UNI is the best team. Unfortunately, Iowa played there best game of the year last night and I expect them to beat the Zags.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Yeah...I was somewhere between numb and dare I say relieved on Thursday. Just tired of stressing over long, repeated bad stretches of basketball. The eventual comeback wins would temporarily erase the memories of poor play only to be reminded the following game as we again struggled through long stretches of underwhelming play. I would never trade the big 12 tourney win, but it set us up poorly for the ncaa's.

Now it is hitting me more and more on what we are missing out on as the tourney move along.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
This is the day it hits the team. I don't think they really realized how ****** that loss was until they wake up this morning and realize they should be playing a game today, not sitting in their apartments.

Hopefully this is the day their mindsets change. The whole "walking in and beating anyone without trying" mentality ends today. I don't think it ended Thursday, because I don't think they realized how bad that loss was because their was no consequence. They see the consequence now.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
[video=youtube;Nfrk2UdEOcQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfrk2UdEOcQ[/video]

norcalcy

Oct 20, 2010
we weren't clearly the best team, we were way too inconsistent. Most talent yes, but UNI is the best team. Unfortunately, Iowa played there best game of the year last night and I expect them to beat the Zags.

I really hope you are wrong. I don't even live in Iowa and the thought of the Hawks making a deep run would be a real nut shot. Gonzaga looks like that team that has the chip on their shoulder. Too many early exits in recent years. Lots of questions about how good they really are. Had ISU survived, I think the Zags would have been a very tough out. Mark Few has that group dialed in. They have something to prove and I don't think Iowa can stop them.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I'm still watching the tournament because there are still teams I cheer for in this thing (Wisconsin for one, and I've gone from a big time Gonzaga hater to a big time Gonzaga fan), but I want nothing to do with this UAB-UCLA game.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Not sure why Im watching this UCLA UAB game.
Me too. It makes me sick seeing these two teams play. We play our C game, we destroy both of these teams. We brought our F- game Thursday.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Me too. It makes me sick seeing these two teams play. We play our C game, we destroy both of these teams. We brought our F- game Thursday.

Guess I'm pulling UAB, can't stand UCLA.
More angry texts coming in from friends who had ISU going deep, like it's my fault!

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Guess I'm pulling UAB, can't stand UCLA.
More angry texts coming in from friends who had ISU going deep, like it's my fault!
It is. **** you, Spanky, for ruining our season!
:jimlad:

Yeah, I'm apparently also responsible for all the busted brackets at work since I'm the only Cyclone there. Can't wait for this ******* tournament to be over. Don't even give the teams any days off. Just play every day this week and get this **** over with.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
It is. **** you, Spanky, for ruining our season!
:jimlad:

Yeah, I'm apparently also responsible for all the busted brackets at work since I'm the only Cyclone there. Can't wait for this ******* tournament to be over. Don't even give the teams any days off. Just play every day this week and get this **** over with.

I'll be taking heat for our loss thru next weekend. I heard something like 96% of brackets had us winning at least one, lots more angst coming our way.