Thought this board could use a little lightness ...

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I was watching live in Phoenix Arizona and we were with about ten Clone fans. We lost it. A University if Arizona fan sitting next to us immediately said “I will be an Iowa State fan as long as he is their coach.

Reactions: aauummm

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Read the thread and came in ready to bash you Surly. I was completely wrong. Thank you Surly.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Cartier Diarrhea transferred today.

Ya, Carti's gone. Many EMAWs are happy. Not me. I thought he was key to bringing along a bunch of talented incoming freshman and next year's sophomore class. But he's been here 4 years, was all-B12 academic, graduated, and probably didn't relish playing with a bunch of youngsters next season. I expect he'll end up going to Europe rather than another school. But we'll see. Fun to watch, mercurial, oft times frustrating, but always played hard and went out with a couple of wins at the end, a B12 championship, and earlier E8 run. A pretty good career for a guy labeled by some sites as a 0* recruit.

Last edited:

kirk89gt

Feb 15, 2014
In all seriousness, I am guessing that was the year (1992) where we beat Charlotte and lost to Kentucky. Trying to make out who is in the background around Johnny. Looks like to me that Justus Thigpen is next to him (hard to tell). Would have been Hoiberg / Meyer / Julo's Freshman year. Bonus points to anyone that can pick out other players.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Johnny and I came to isu the same year. Used to be able to line up at the doors to Hilton and run down and get seats behind the bench. Heard a lot of things worse than that back in the day. Love that man. Good times.

Reactions: t-noah