This week's games ...

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
They're losing by an average of 30 points a game. Their QB's combined have thrown 3 TD's to 6 INT's. Total, they've put up 9 TD's this season on offense (for reference Breece Hall has 9 TD's by himself this year).

On the defensive side of the ball, they're giving up 437.6 yds per game and are allowing 45 points a game.

But they got rid of that deadweight Pooka guy recently, so their offense should be clicking. :rolleyes:

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
I understand it not being fair to lump all players and fans together in that scandal, but that was an unforgivable event. Fans are often belligerent for dumb stuff, but this doesn't fall in that category. It won't and shouldn't just go away.

This is actually a ridiculous take, the current players, coaches etc. had nothing to do with those events. How long is it acceptable to blame people for past events they had nothing to do with? That's America today though. You can dislike the institution to an extent, like I dislike Penn State, but I also know the current players/staff had nothing to do with Joe Pa or Brile's actions. Those who still worship Joe Pa or Briles deserve scorn, but not the current teams.

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
You guys have no clue, evidently, how bad Ku is at this point in time. I will say that their freshman QB has the potential to star in the future. He is quick and strong-armed. And they have some good receivers. But both lines suck turkey balls. And their special teams are wretched.

Great, another potential coming out party for an unknown QB against ISU.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
If we are up big in the 3rd qtr., does Purdy stay in? I'd like to see which young QB is #2, but my guess is CMC is trying to delay telling Dekkers or Bouman which one it is.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
This is actually a ridiculous take, the current players, coaches etc. had nothing to do with those events. How long is it acceptable to blame people for past events they had nothing to do with? That's America today though. You can dislike the institution to an extent, like I dislike Penn State, but I also know the current players/staff had nothing to do with Joe Pa or Brile's actions. Those who still worship Joe Pa or Briles deserve scorn, but not the current teams.

I think the hate is absolutely directed at the institution. We're really not far apart on our opinions. I don't personally condone current players being blamed for events they didn't take part in. I hope they are much better men than their predecessors.

I'll pose this question: Would you send your son to that environment shortly after that occurred? They are choosing to go into a toxic situation (even if it wasn't their doing). Keep in mind, this wasn't one isolated incident. This consisted of multiple events that were silenced by employees of the university. The current players are representatives of the university when they go on the field. I hope they can change the perception and atmosphere of the program, but it's a big task that they signed up for. Fans don't forget about what happened just because the guilty parties aren't there anymore.

I can't give a time frame for people to get over it. Knowing three rape victims personally, I know there's not a time frame for them.

Apologies for derailing this thread.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
If we are up big in the 3rd qtr., does Purdy stay in? I'd like to see which young QB is #2, but my guess is CMC is trying to delay telling Dekkers or Bouman which one it is.

I thought it was mentioned Dekkers traveled to OSU, but Bouman didn't.

• Informative
Reactions: Neptune78