This team is all grit

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Man. What on earth.

I came into this thinking I just wanted one non Portland W out of this. Instead we got both Villanova and North Carolina with a shot to win the whole damn thing on Sunday. There were multiple times it felt like they gave us the dagger in both games and we just fought back and found a way to win anyhow.

It feels so very nice to watch a basketball team who never gives up and just fights the entire way through. We'll hit lapses here and there, but then we just keep pounding. Nova and UNC had better talent than we did for sure, but we outplayed them and out coached them. Insane.

Lots of stuff to clean up still but most of it is fixable or comes with experience. I don't know what happens the rest of the season but I do know we'll fight hard.

Also, if this wasn't a good enough feeling, our 2 biggest weaknesses right now are ball handling and shooting. Both issues have guys coming in to help that next season and we haven't landed one single transfer yet either. It feels good to be a Clone.

Larzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 14, 2014
Cedar Falls, IA
I have been an ISU fan for my entire 34 years on this earth. I have watched a lot of ISU basketball and I think these last 2 years have been some of my favorite teams. I really respect and enjoy watching TJ's brand of basketball. It's fun to watch an entire team want to play gritty defense for the entire game as it's a rare thing to see at the college and pro level.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
To me it felt like we damn near gave away a game we should have won easily last night then followed it up beating a team we had no chance to win against. I love the tenacity this team has and has no quit in them.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
TJ looks like he should be coaching wrestling instead of basketball.

What I love is the fact that they brought in the transfers but the old guard is out there from last year doing the majority of the work. Hopefully that signals the depth the team will have when everyone gets acclimated to their roles.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
TJ looks like he should be coaching wrestling instead of basketball.

What I love is the fact that they brought in the transfers but the old guard is out there from last year doing the majority of the work. Hopefully that signals the depth the team will have when everyone gets acclimated to their roles.
My dad says this all the time lol. If TJs shirt is any tighter he’s going to bust right out of it like Hulk.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
We’re not talking enough about how Bob Jones made some serious improvements in the offseason.
I've made it a point to point out how having a guy like Jones on the bench even if he didn't make the rotation would be valuable piece. Having him produce like he has shows you should never give up a guy with desire and a major college body.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I actually feel this team is overall better than last years team. I think we will be fine in the Big 12.

Same defense with more offense. I mean what's not to like. I'm amazed at the buy in TJ has by his players on playing defense the entire game.

Reactions: agentbear

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
I've made it a point to point out how having a guy like Jones on the bench even if he didn't make the rotation would be valuable piece. Having him produce like he has shows you should never give up a guy with desire and a major college body.
Last year I dreaded when he would touch the ball. This year he’s actually done some nice things on offense.