This is why Prohm must go........

Raywswartz

KC Chief
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2006
Yeah that’s right you just blame outside factors and say everyone is out to get us when we don’t win. It’s never something the coach could have done differently. It’s always the officials.
It's never the other team gets scholarships either?

Raywswartz

KC Chief
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2006
They won’t finish in the end of year Top 25 poll. They finished 9-9 conference and had some good wins and 3 great days in KC. It is a success IMO but once again it goes back to goals of the Program. If you are a “Top 25” college basketball program then this season is the definition of mediocre.
Final poll came out last monday. ISU was 24th.

StLouisClone

Apr 16, 2006
St. Louis
They won’t finish in the end of year Top 25 poll. They finished 9-9 conference and had some good wins and 3 great days in KC. It is a success IMO but once again it goes back to goals of the Program. If you are a “Top 25” college basketball program then this season is the definition of mediocre.
Every article I have read says that last week's AP rankings were the final rankings for 2018-19.

Raywswartz

KC Chief
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 17, 2006
330 teams in d 1. 24th is not mediocre. I do believe we can be better. But with 2 freshman, 2 1st year transfers, and a sophomore who played about 15 games last year in our top 7 players it isn't going to happen. Now this team all back next year look out.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I'm sure everyone thinking you are Jesus Christ get's old after a while.

Fred did something even Jesus couldn't
I'm not misrepresenting anything. Go actually read your responses. This is exactly what your are saying. Defend and deflect regardless of the argument. No unbiased reflection on how the team had issues or if coach Prohm may have had any role in those challenges.

Well, let me be the 100th person in here to tell you that Prohm isn't perfect. You know he has had issues making adjustments to games and drawing up successful offensive sets, both out of timeouts and for inbounds plays. He also had challenges in dealing with team chemistry.

You can defend Prohm all you want, that doesn't prevent the FACT that there are many areas he needs to improve. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

Waiting for your in-depth analysis of 1 play over the entire season that PROVES your point. You claim CSP drew up the inbounds play with the only option being getting the ball to Marial in the corner to be double-teamed. Please provide your in-depth proof so I can consider not calling you out as a stink-knuckle.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008
Just because someone supports the coach, doesnt mean they think he’s perfect.

You going off the deep end here kind of proved the original point.
And just because some people question coaching decisions on a b-ball forum does not mean they all want him gone, but that is exactly what you claim constantly. It also doesn’t make them bad fans.

This is a basketball forum, used to share opinions!

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I think the problem is that 1) Fans think they know everything. We don't. You don't. There might very well be reasons Prohm does things the way he does. And those reasons may be right. Or they might be wrong. But either way, it is very likely that you have no ******* clue either way. 2) All coaches have things they can improve. 3) If 1 and 2 are correct, then it would be nice if people didn't talk in absolutes on here.

I can honestly say I've been on these and other boards for decades and haven't learned a thing from sports experts posting anonymously. Not a single thing other than emotionally posting absolutes is ignorant and shows lack of personal discipline. Including myself in that comment.

Reactions: cb1030

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Prohm sucks period. He was supposed to come here and recruit and develop great PGs. I have not seen any yet. Monte was Fred's recruit and was already a good player. This program will continue to be mediocre as long as Prohm is coach and with a lot of these armchair fans, we will have to wait until good ole Prohm becomes pathetic as Paul Rhoads. We were getting blocked on this site when we said what everyone knew... that Rhoads was mediocre, same with Prohm, he is average at best and he's not taking this program anywhere. Nothing against Prohm as a human being, but Iowa State needs a better coach than clueless Prohm. We are really in deep sh!t.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
But not anti prohm. Lol. But please continue to project. Reality is, none of us think he’s above reproach. You all seem to need to try to project people who support the program (and by that extension the coach), as being unable to see areas of needed improvements. Many of the same fans did this same **** after the Iowa and TCU football games

I’ll ask this then. If he’s so bad, and you are saying this over and over here, and in your meltdown about an out of bounds play, why would you want him to stay and coach?

You guys do this all the time. It’s so bad. He does this wrong and this wrong He doesn’t adjust, he doesn’t coach, he doesn’t handle personalities.

Why would you want that guy to coach your program?

Would have so much more respect for you all, if there was any honesty.

Can you imagine having THAT guy as a father, teacher or anyone in a role model or position of influence? He seems like a guy that would have a few beers than charge the court to yell at a 10 year old for dribbling off his foot. Drunkie the Dad.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Every thing I've said had been nuanced.
How many hundreds of responses have you personally posted on these threads defending coach blindly regardless of the argument, yet I'm the one off the deep end. Suuurrre..........

Nuanced. You MAY want to look that word up?

• Funny
Reactions: Spell4isu

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
None of this ever happened. You are the one that got all hurt for being dumb. Not the rest of us.

A chance to learn from his mistakes? But, according to you: he keeps making the same ones over and over. So, he’s obviously not learning from them in your eyes.

Why would you want that guy leading the program of your favorite team?

It's "nuanced". He's the king of "nuance". I've asked him to review the definition of "nuance". But you and I and others are blindly supporting our coach and program to the detriment of the "nuanced" posters.

Reactions: Cat Stevens

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Prohm sucks period. He was supposed to come here and recruit and develop great PGs. I have not seen any yet. Monte was Fred's recruit and was already a good player. This program will continue to be mediocre as long as Prohm is coach and with a lot of these armchair fans, we will have to wait until good ole Prohm becomes pathetic as Paul Rhoads. We were getting blocked on this site when we said what everyone knew... that Rhoads was mediocre, same with Prohm, he is average at best and he's not taking this program anywhere. Nothing against Prohm as a human being, but Iowa State needs a better coach than clueless Prohm. We are really in deep sh!t.

Other than that, how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I don't know. Five minutes into the game I knew that our "B" team had shown up. It has kind of bothered me all year that Prohm uses Team A, Team B analogy and basically throws up his hands as if there is nothing he can do. He get's paid pretty good money to figure out what to do when our team isn't playing up to there ability.

After the game I sat and thought a long time and wondered if this was the best result Prohm is capable of getting and is ISU ok with that. When he was at Murray State the school would be thrilled if the got to the tournament and elated if they won a game. That seems to be pretty much where is sweet spot is. Pollard will have to figure out if that is sufficient. If its not, he either needs to help Prohm get his game to the next level, or he and Prohm need to agree to part ways.

No need to rag on Prohm, if this is as good as he can do then Pollard needs to decide if that is good enough.

3 tourneys in 4 years? Sweet 16? 2 conference tourney titles? Top 20 offense this year? Great young recruiting classes? I guess I should have more unrealistic expectations.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Basically Prohm is a good coach. There are somethings he does well and somethings not so well. He's not a great coach. If you are oK with that that's fine but he's not above criticism and he has a defined ceiling. I'm fine with him representing the University but Sweet 16's is about the best he can do.

Sweet 16 would be a failure in your eyes?

MJN

Aug 13, 2011
Urbandale
People act like winning in the NCAA tournament is an easy thing to do. People need to calm down. With all the great basketball minds on here posting what is so wrong I suspect our next coach is lurking on this board right now.....

• Funny
Reactions: bozclone and kingcy

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
First of all, Prohm coached this team terribly all year long.

People got all excited because we won the Big 12 Tourney but we should have won the Big 12 Tourney. (We had the best roster in the Big 12)

Finishing 9-9 in conference play was really embarrassing as the Clones clearly should have won the league.

Elite teams play two big men....it's just the way it is.....look at KU, UK, UNC, Duke, etc.......

Why he didn't start a line-up of Wigginton, Shayok, Horton-Tucker, Lard, and Jacobsen is ridiculous.....people wondering why we kept getting out-rebounded and then you see four guards out there and it's not real tough.....rotating Weiler-Babb and Haliburton with the three other guards would have worked fine but instead he put the team in a bad situation at all times with NEVER having a second big on the floor.....that is a joke.

Sure, you can go to four guards at times but when you're in a big boys league you have to compete at a big boy level.....Prohm doesn't do that.

Then we once again we got to watch "stand and watch basketball" tonight as he allowed them to spend much of the first half (and many games during the regular season) with four guys on the perimeter just standing and then shooting a three-pointer with only ONE guy underneath to rebound.....we were extremely easy to to guard because our coaching was terrible....we have GREAT players that can drive to the basket in Shayok, Horton-Tucker, and Wigginton who could have been drawing fouls all first half, drawing defense for a miss and easy offensive rebound, or creating wide-open three's but no.....Steve allowed them to stand on the perimeter and shoot NBA three's......live by it and die by it.........

Then let's talk about our defense........Ohio State has a completely mediocre team without Wesson (they lost by 19 without him against Northwestern).....he's clearly their only big-time player......a good coach would double team him every time he touched it and would have forced the rest of the OSU team to beat us......not Steve.....that was just too logical of a thing to do......so he just let Wesson toy with our bigs for most of the game.......it's easy stuff that he just decided not to do.......

If people think this is just reactionary to a tough tourney loss, you don't understand the game......he's the head coach who allowed his team to have problems that led to a 9-9 Big 12 record which is downright embarrassing and now he just led us to a horrific loss to a terrible Ohio State team......if you think he's the guy to lead this program to big-time tourney runs you are wrong.......in fact he took over a program that was loaded with talent and he went to the Sweet 16 with Fred's team......then went to the round of 32, then no tourney, then now we are out in the round of 64.........it's been downhill and in four years he has a 35-37 record in Big 12 league play......that's brutal......ISU has been to the tourney 7 of 8 years but if they want to become an elite program which I believe they can become, they need a new leader.....it's real simple.

this is why people like you shouldn't post for at least 48 hours after a tough loss. or at all.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Every article I have read says that last week's AP rankings were the final rankings for 2018-19.
There will be one final AP Poll released after the NCAA Tournament. It is mostly symbolic, but it will be tabulated and released. Whichever team wins the Tournament will end up #1, and the other Final Four teams usually end in the top 5 too. ISU may or may not finish ranked in that one.

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha
If th
If winning 23 games is the definition of "deep sh!t," I hate to see what happens when it really gets ugly.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
There will be one final AP Poll released after the NCAA Tournament. It is mostly symbolic, but it will be tabulated and released. Whichever team wins the Tournament will end up #1, and the other Final Four teams usually end in the top 5 too. ISU may or may not finish ranked in that one.

I don’t think so. They said it was the last poll. Maybe the coaches release another one.