This is why Prohm must go........

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
That's a bit like saying a guy who hits 25% of his shots is a good shooter because his shooting form is good.

Solo is an effort guy- but when we play small our post guy needs rebounding production.

not a good comparison at all. Having good form doesn’t help out anyone if the shot doesn’t fall. Boxing out your guy used to give our taller more athletic guards a rebounding edge or at least keep us respectable.

• Agree
Reactions: Urbandale2013

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
It appears prohm is looking for absolutely any reason to keep throwing Jacobson and Nixon out there to the point that he was crapping on other players. He has wasted so many minutes on them but when they finally don’t have a terrible game it still won’t be good justification. He really dug himself a hole with a lot of people by backing those two and completely crapping on lewis, to the point where know nothings who “know people” were telling us lewis will never contribute at ISU

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
It appears prohm is looking for absolutely any reason to keep throwing Jacobson and Nixon out there to the point that he was crapping on other players. He has wasted so many minutes on them but when they finally don’t have a terrible game it still won’t be good justification. He really dug himself a hole with a lot of people by backing those two and completely crapping on lewis, to the point where know nothings who “know people” were telling us lewis will never contribute at ISU

Prohm has demonstrated zero ability to manage lineups. And it is showing again.

I get frustrated that we continue to shoot so many 3s when we have half a season of data to show we absolutely suck at making them. Contested, wide open, it doesn’t matter. It is insane that this team continues to shoot 25+ 3s per game...

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Prohm has demonstrated zero ability to manage lineups. And it is showing again.

I get frustrated that we continue to shoot so many 3s when we have half a season of data to show we absolutely suck at making them. Contested, wide open, it doesn’t matter. It is insane that this team continues to shoot 25+ 3s per game...
They have no choice but to jack threes all game when they don’t run a resemblance of offense that could give them better looks.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
It really is poor timing to have espn+ launch, Pollard's big project, a new sports fm station in Des Moines, and maybe even a conference reorganization in the next 5 years while the basketball program is fading. Would be a bad time for fan interest to fade. At least the football team is better than ever.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
Every coach has some years that make you scratch your head about why the team is not playing better. Just look at UNC and coach Roy Williams, identical record as ISU and I think it is safe to say has more talent on it's roster. Does this make Roy a bad coach?

upload_2020-1-26_10-8-17.png

(Forgive me if someone has already made this point as I don't have time to read 118 pages of comments. ;))

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Every coach has some years that make you scratch your head about why the team is not playing better. Just look at UNC and coach Roy Williams, identical record as ISU and I think it is safe to say has more talent on it's roster. Does this make Roy a bad coach?

View attachment 69890

(Forgive me if someone has already made this point as I don't have time to read 118 pages of comments. ;))

are you comparing Roy Williams to Steve Prohm?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

View attachment 69890

No one has made this dumb point in 118 pages. I can guarantee that.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

View attachment 69890

It took 31 years for Roy to have a team that bad. Prohm will have already done it twice in 5 years.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
are you comparing Roy Williams to Steve Prohm?

No, but I am comparing the talent levels at the two schools and trying to point out the overreaction some on this board some seem to have. I could also point out that many of these same Prohm haters, constantly talk about how bad a coach the TOE has, yet surprisingly they have a ranked team this year in spite of the coach. It just gets tiresome, the constant "chicken little" syndrome. Just because someone posts constantly, does not mean they know what they are talking about.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
No, but I am comparing the talent levels at the two schools and trying to point out the overreaction some on this board some seem to have. I could also point out that many of these same Prohm haters, constantly talk about how bad a coach the TOE has, yet surprisingly they have a ranked team this year in spite of the coach. It just gets tiresome, the constant "chicken little" syndrome. Just because someone posts constantly, does not mean they know what they are talking about.

Since 2016-17 season

Prohm
  • 69-51
  • 1-2 ncaa tournament record
  • 41-17 at home
  • 1-3 vs Iowa

McCaffery
  • 70-51
  • 1-1 ncaa tournament record
  • 46-15 at home
  • 3-1 vs ISU