This is why Prohm must go........

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Leaving Manhattan on Feb. 16, we were either tied or a half of a game out from first place in the conference. All we had to do was win out (against the bottom half of the conference), or could've possibly gotten away with a loss, and had something fall in place. But instead, we proceeded to lose 5 out of 6 of those games, including by 15 to the last place team.

Also, this whole conference tournament championship is not a good measure of a successful season, at all. Especially when you don't do anything to show for it the week after.

Yep and you don't know what happened to make that February lull happen. Sounds like things were OK at that point and then they weren't. If players had one foot out the door, then I guess don't play them? And then things get worse with less talent?

Was the 14-15 season a success? I mean, ISU was just LOADED with fringe NBA and overseas players and they just had to win at Texas Tech, and hold a lead vs. Baylor in Hilton, and win at 8th place KSU and they win the conference title going away.

Because the B12 tournament and NCAA tourney berth were not good measures of success, right?

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Yep and you don't know what happened to make that February lull happen. Sounds like things were OK at that point and then they weren't. If players had one foot out the door, then I guess don't play them? And then things get worse with less talent?

Was the 14-15 season a success? I mean, ISU was just LOADED with fringe NBA and overseas players and they just had to win at Texas Tech, and hold a lead vs. Baylor in Hilton, and win at 8th place KSU and they win the conference title going away.

Because the B12 tournament and NCAA tourney berth were not good measures of success, right?
Do you think Virginia fans see the 17-18 season as a success after getting bounced first round To a 16 seed? Hell, even the players don’t think it was...

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
No!!

I’m not sure if people don’t understand this but I don’t think most people found the 14-15 to be overly successful. Then or now.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Do you think Virginia fans see the 17-18 season as a success after getting bounced first round To a 16 seed? Hell, even the players don’t think it was...

I don't know. A 1 seed is a pretty great season. I'd bet anyone asking for Tony Bennett to be fired after that are happy he stuck around after winning it all for the only time in school history.

Do you think the Iowa State's 14-15 season was a success?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I don't know. A 1 seed is a pretty great season. I'd bet anyone asking for Tony Bennett to be fired after that are happy he stuck around after winning it all for the only time in school history.

Do you think the Iowa State's 14-15 season was a success?
If Steve Prohm got Iowa State to a 1 seed and got bounced first round, I wouldn’t call for his job. However, that still wouldn’t be a successful season.

And no, I don’t think 14-15 was a success. It was a good season, however.

The seasons before and after 14-15 were successes, imo.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
So being ranked all season, a 2nd place conference finish and a 3 seed in the NCAA tournament are not successful at ISU?

Geez.
Was it a absolute failure of a season no it wasn’t either. It was an ok season that historically was successful but never reached its full potential because of some off the court issues.

The difference then was the program was still moving on a really good trajectory. Great programs have bad years. There isn’t really anything wrong with that. Great programs do not have bad years combined with even worse years.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
If Steve Prohm got Iowa State to a 1 seed and got bounced first round, I wouldn’t call for his job. However, that still wouldn’t be a successful season.

So now we are hair splitting between "success" and "good"? Then the only "bad" year Prohm has had is 17-18. Which everyone....at least up until now has given him that. So three "good" years merit's all this find another job BS?

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
So now we are hair splitting between "success" and "good"? Then the only "bad" year Prohm has had is 17-18. Which everyone....at least up until now has given him that. So three "good" years merit's all this find another job BS?
You can have a good season, but have it still not be successful.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Was it a absolute failure of a season no it wasn’t either. It was an ok season that historically was successful but never reached its full potential because of some off the court issues.

The difference then was the program was still moving on a really good trajectory. Great programs have bad years. There isn’t really anything wrong with that. Great programs do not have bad years combined with even worse years.

I'm going to chalk up both of these posters to young age (early-mid 20s). Hope they gain some perspective.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I'm going to chalk up both of these posters to young age (early-mid 20s). Hope they gain some perspective.
And I’m going to chalk you up as someone in their mid-40’s early-50’s who thinks they know what the he’ll they’re talking about, because you haven’t shown that you have a clue. Does Steve have your nudes or something?

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
It's starting to smell like McDermott-esque goal tending in here...

giphy.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron