The worst beat ever? Brutal

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
And my friends who complained about the system changing their W to an L after what previous had been recorded as a running play was changed to a forward pass in fantasy football. What happened to this guy would be a tough pill to swallow.

There's an episode of Bettor Days on ESPN+ where a person hit a 14 leg parlay during March Madness. 16,000:1 chance of hitting it.
He bet $0.14. I think he said he won around $1600 (not sure if bets were teased, moneyline, etc.)

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Suddenly, losing that $200 on UCONN in the Final Four from the meaningless Duke half-court three pointer at the buzzer all those years ago doesn't seem so bad.

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Suddenly, losing that $200 on UCONN in the Final Four from the meaningless Duke half-court three pointer at the buzzer all those years ago doesn't seem so bad.

A have a friend who is obsessed with parlays. Always trying to hit the big score, 3, 4, 5 legs, whatever.

When that shot went in, my phone rang immediately and all I heard was incoherent screaming. He has a couple other notable "bad beats".

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Ouch

i read it a worst beer, and I pick generic white can blacks label BEER.

DreamyFred21

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2012
Grimes
I can sympathize a bit with this guy - not that anyone on here cares, but I was one putt away from winning $100,000 earlier this summer in a DraftKings golf contest. Si Woo Kim lipped in a 6-foot par putt on 18 on Sunday that if he had missed, I would’ve won $100K (the putt barely snuck in and you could tell by his reaction that he thought he missed it). Instead, I had to settle for $3K. Not bad ROI for a $5 entry, but $97K more would have been a little sweeter.

Will never forget the rush I felt opening the app and seeing that I was winning $100K (I had checked a couple hours earlier and was winning $30 then). I can only imagine how this guy feels when it is $997K.

87EAE1D3-0954-4726-96FA-C97D70FE9A95.jpeg

Reactions: LakeLife

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I can sympathize a bit with this guy - not that anyone on here cares, but I was one putt away from winning $100,000 earlier this summer in a DraftKings golf contest. Si Woo Kim lipped in a 6-foot par putt on 18 on Sunday that if he had missed, I would’ve won $100K (the putt barely snuck in and you could tell by his reaction that he thought he missed it). Instead, I had to settle for $3K. Not bad ROI for a $5 entry, but $97K more would have been a little sweeter.

Will never forget the rush I felt opening the app and seeing that I was winning $100K (I had checked a couple hours earlier and was winning $30 then). I can only imagine how this guy feels when it is $997K.

View attachment 77121
Ouch, sorry man. I remember the putt you're talking about. Wasn't in the week before (or maybe the week after?) where he had a putt against Daniel Berger that he did miss from an even shorter distance?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Thought I'd share. It made my physically ill reading. Feel so bad for this dude!

On the flip side, someone that thought they weren't winning a $1M prize suddenly did.

DreamyFred21

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2012
Grimes
Ouch, sorry man. I remember the putt you're talking about. Wasn't in the week before (or maybe the week after?) where he had a putt against Daniel Berger that he did miss from an even shorter distance?
It was at the Traveler’s Championship in August. Si Woo was in the final group, so the result of my contest hung on the balance of that putt because the five guys ahead of me had him. I have a video of it on my phone to remind me of the pain because it was not a well-hit putt. Was pacing the house down the stretch as we jockeyed for position and my entry bounced between $700 - $100,000. 6th place out of 96,000 entries is good, but 1st would have felt a lot better

Reactions: LakeLife