The Problem that has plagued coach Rhoads

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Not to be a **** but CPR is incredibly mediocre. He is below .500 in the conference and you guys have put him on some pedestal because springs a random upset once in awhile. He sucks, as does his recruiting. I hope you keep him forever.

Your prediction of his recruiting, may very well play out. That has yet to be determined. However, he took us from a place where we weren't even able to stay within 30 points of top 15 teams, to a place where we occasionally beat them and at least take them late into the 4th.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Not to be a **** but CPR is incredibly mediocre. He is below .500 in the conference and you guys have put him on some pedestal because springs a random upset once in awhile. He sucks, as does his recruiting. I hope you keep him forever.

I agree, I hope we can keep him forever.

Iowa State had the chance to beat a top five team late in the fourth qtr. If you've followed ISU at all, that's not common ground for us.

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
21 points isn't enough to win in the Big 12, so no, we did not score enough to win. Considering the time of possession nearly ended in a 2:1 ratio, I'd say the defense did a great job of keeping ISU in the game. The defense does deserve some blame in letting Klein have his way too often, but they were NOT the reason why ISU lost this game. Continued ineptitude on the offensive side of the ball was the primary reason.
Completely agree, defense did good. I feel bad for this defense. Probably the best defense in the league but our offense is dead last. Today lets not forget that there is a reason Klein is a heisman contender

CycloneDSM

Sep 30, 2012
DSM
I wonder what they are looking for when scouting. My hometown (Mediapolis) QB Jesse Ertz wanted to go to Iowa or ISU, but didn't really get the looks... He has verbally committed to K-State so they are going to have another great QB coming in next year... Thru 8 games got something like 30+ TDs, zero interceptions and averaging close to 100 yards rushing per game with 8 rushing TDs; all thru just the first half, if he even stays in that long...

Your're right what is CPR looking for? If he cannot find a B12 QB we will only win 6 to7 games a year...this wantabe
Hawk QB from Ankeny is not the answer and he just committed to us. IMO.

CycloneDSM

Sep 30, 2012
DSM
Gotta agree a high profile QB with this current team would have us doing exceptional things. As it is we don't have one. I pray we have an eye on a transfer or juco stud somewhere.

SJ was suppose to be our High profile JC QB...that not working..........

bostrem00

Feb 23, 2009
Des Moines
No one will ever come calling for CPR. Ever.
Ever is a long time....A lot longer than Snyder has left in the coaching gas tank...Emaw better hope Currie and the administration don't choose another Ron Prince because Snyder is not going to save you...again...mark my words chief

chilango

Jun 18, 2010
AA was one of the great, classy reps of ISU sports. But he was a pretty average QB. His numbers are pretty impressive but reflect the inflated numbers throughout college football during this offensive era. Many other ISU QBs were stronger in their eras compared to their conference QB peers, and many called for Tiller over AA when he struggled. The combined output of the offense under Jantz and Barnett has been an upgrade, maybe because of a better supporting cast and more experience under the system. Overall, post-Seneca our QB play has been at best above-average game managers who didn't lose games when they could fall back on a good defense. Bret Meyer was solid his first two years with a good defense to support him, and Barnett seems like a similar QB in terms of a good game manager. But to get to the next level we've gotta find someone who can be at least in the argument as an all-conference level QB. Here's to hoping someone can step up. You don't doubt their effort.

Kansascitykid

Sep 27, 2009
Ever is a long time....A lot longer than Snyder has left in the coaching gas tank...Emaw better hope Currie and the administration don't choose another Ron Prince because Snyder is not going to save you...again...mark my words chief

That's your plan? Wait until Bill Snyder dies? Go to the WAC

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

Bill Snyder's conference record the first four years in a much easier Big 8 conference: 6-20. Of course, your team would have had problems beating Drake before that.

TROLOLOLOLOLOL

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
That's your plan? Wait until Bill Snyder dies? Go to the WAC

That's not our plan...that's your fear. We could care less for your geriatric coach.

You guys are much more of a geographic and acedemic fit for the mighty WAC than we are. When you punch your ticket, don't forget your towel.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Heck they don't even know if Snyder will be back after this year.

sdillon500

Sep 12, 2006
northern california

I hope we keep him forever, too. I also hope you get AIDS. It's fun to hope for things.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
We win today if we had AA.
Are you kidding, or just sucking up to a staffer? AA was not the answer when he was here, and wouldn't be now. Look at his completion percentage if you have to, and watch some tape. He wild hosed so many across the middle passes it was obscene.

Bobby45

Aug 15, 2012
Mark my words all kstate mildkat fans....Turd Face Snyder is gonna DIE SOONER THAN LATER.....

Then its back 2 LAST PLACE FOR THE FARMERS FROM THE LITTLE BITTY APPLE....LOL

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron