The fix is in...

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bang up job by the officials today.

Spotting the ball consistently short, making indisputable disputable, having a hard time staying on their feet (I'm looking at you official "U"), and holding their flags as much as the OSU o-line was holding.

The Big 12 Conference commends your work ethic. Your Christmas bonus is in the mail.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Big 12 refs aren't incompetent. They are actually very knowledgeable. They are just completely corrupt. They know exactly how to influence games enough to make a difference. It pathetic that everyone keeps letting it happen.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I just got back. If that still is all they have I'm sorry. It doesn't even show the ball touching the ground. Besides the ball can touch the ground to an extent.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I watched the game from the 11th row and there were so many calls that were just bizarre. The overturned touchdown. There were multiple spots that were just awful. In the second quarter, Warren had a first down by a good yard and they marked him a yard-and-a-half short. Next play, he rolled off the pile for a first down and they called him down. The pass to Epps in the 4th. Also, the pass interference no-call on Sam Richardson, while calling it on Montgomery.

Perhaps the worst call all night was the unsportsmanlike on Lazard. I was sitting right by that play and Lazard blocked him until the whistle, #1 for OSU took a swing at him right in front of the ref, and Lazard got the flag. Unreal.

There are hundreds of reasons not related to the refs that we lost. However, it sure would be nice to leave a game feeling like we got a fair shake. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind there was a fix in. No doubt.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Did anyone really think that Iowa State was going to get any benefit from the officials in this game? B12 said fool me once...

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Just watched it about ten times pausing at multiple points beginning when his elbow went down and you never see the ball touch the ground. They flat out made it up.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The uncalled first down just floors me. What happened to measuring it if he was close. They review spots in games vs ISU at other key times, why doesn't ISU get one of those reviews, at the end of the game when it was clear he had the first down.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Somebody with DVR has to have the shot where they clearly showed the ball hitting the ground and right after that the ball was loose in Ryen's arms as he "cradled" it. They showed a picture of it near halftime.

IT WAS AN INCOMPLETE PASS STOP YOUR ********. This is not why Iowa State lost the game.

FootballinTexas

Aug 2, 2009
If the fix is in, why didn't the conference refs figure out a way for BU to beat OU tonight, giving the conference a battle of 2 undefeated teams next week? Can we argue some things were bizarre? Yes, but you find that in every game. What ISU has to do is find a way to win close games, especially when we're up 17 points almost halfway through the game.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
If the fix is in, why didn't the conference refs figure out a way for BU to beat OU tonight, giving the conference a battle of 2 undefeated teams next week? Can we argue some things were bizarre? Yes, but you find that in every game. What ISU has to do is find a way to win close games, especially when we're up 17 points almost halfway through the game.

If you can't see how many ISU games the refs have made complete BS calls, gone out of their way to overturn calls with replay against ISU, gone out of their way to overturn calls on replay for teams playing against ISU, have called a penalty against ISU but not the other team when the exact same thing happens directly in front of the exact same ref, balls get marked short for ISU and ahead for the opponent then I don't know what to say. This isn't a 1 game thing or even a one or a couple play a game thing. It happens all the frigging time. My dad is an Iowa fan and he has gone to a couple games with me and watches ISU when he can. He is always amazed at how poor the officiating is.

It happens to other teams in the Big 12 also. It also happens with basketball officials. The Big 12 is corrupt. The officials are corrupt. It's a pathetic joke that keeps on going.

BeachAve

Apr 22, 2014
I dont get it, I really dont. I thought there was enough there to confirm the TD. Yet, they found a way (not really) to overturn it.

sitting there hearing the first flag over the PA system and noticing the Tex-AS# accents, I knew we were doomed

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
I was at the game last night. Admittedly, I was furious with the officiating.

Now, I have not seen the tv replays of the controversial calls. With a night's sleep here's my opinion. I think all games have "bad" calls. The most simple and logical explaination is Iowa State over a sustained period of time just isn't at a point where they can either take advantage of a "bad" call in their favor or overcome one against them.

Remember the 2011 Ok State game and the contiversial field goal? We got a close call in our favor and ISU took advantage of it.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I was at the game last night. Admittedly, I was furious with the officiating.

Now, I have not seen the tv replays of the controversial calls. With a night's sleep here's my opinion. I think all games have "bad" calls. The most simple and logical explaination is Iowa State over a sustained period of time just isn't at a point where they can either take advantage of a "bad" call in their favor or overcome one against them.

Remember the 2011 Ok State game and the contiversial field goal? We got a close call in our favor and ISU took advantage of it.

This. You can't watch any game and not have bad calls. Does it happen to ISU more than others, maybe? The problem is they affect ISU so much more then other teams because our coaching staff let's them.

The reversed TD catch on the first half? (Which was the right call) Well we lost by 4 and only had 106 yards of offense in the second half.

The blown first down call at the end of the game? Well instead of running on third and one, we threw a pass.

The late false start on the possession where OSU took the lead? Well we gave up another third and long conversion (like we did the entire game).

ISU had every opportunity to overcome all those situations yesterday, but we can't get out of out own way. You all can blame the officials, but a well coached team would of overcame all those situations.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
The truth to this debate is somewhere in the middle. I haven't seen the still photo that shows the ball touch the ground but it sounds like their is one so in the end I guess they got it right. on the other hand, if you think the refs are gonna look for 5 to 10 minutes of real time to find a way to over turn that td if it's oklahoma, osu, baylor or texas than you have your head so far in the sand we can't see your a. $. $.