***The Da Vinci Code Mafia***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Spiker voted for me first yesterday, and I'm a regular innocent, so that would lead me to believe he didn't find anything out.

And I think you know that.
I'm sure Spiker tried to play the blend-in game at least once (clearly that got him far), but it seems unlikely to me that his teammate would also want to go after North if unconfident in that move. As long as that investigation wasn't the first one, it's for-sure kosher, correct? That should be known information to discy already.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
I have a hard time believing someone like you, who's been possibly the single most detailed / in-touch player of the past few games (charts, anyone?), is having a hard time figuring things out.

The "I thought there were two mafias" defense especially doesn't fit your vibe, considering the write-up clearly says this:
So answer this then - if I was mafia, would I make poor excuses like this, or would I be very detailed to ensure to cover every move I make?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Jérôme Collet should be pretty obvious at this point.

I don't like how fast the tide turned to vote out spiker last night. It makes me suspicious of the other two who were in danger of being voted out (JM4CY, PSYclone22).

If we take a snapshot of how votes looked before everyone came flooding in to vote for spiker (after 8), here's what we see:

Make the cut-off 4 p.m. and that becomes:

At this point, I tend to believe PSY is the dirty one here, because if JM4CY was the dirty one, then mafia had a clear path to keeping him safe by doing just enough to make sure PSY went home instead, as opposed to banking on a huge run on spiker.

PSY was out in front by a wide margin until after the work day. If he's dirty, then there's likely one or more mafia in this group that voted for JM4CY after 4pm to pull another lynch alternative to the top, as well:

Thus, I will VOTE FOR PSYCLONE22 today and will keep an eye on Gipper, KC, SaraV and Cows.
Also, I have some thoughts on that post 4pm group that voted for me and who could be dirty, but given how bad last night went when I did that (even if to save my own skin) I think I’ll keep them to myself for now and see how the day goes. Unless someone is dying to know which I doubt.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I'm sure Spiker tried to play the blend-in game at least once (clearly that got him far), but it seems unlikely to me that his teammate would also want to go after North if unconfident in that move. As long as that investigation wasn't the first one, it's for-sure kosher, correct? That should be known information to discy already.

Spiker didn’t investigate me. If he did discy wouldn’t be pushing me.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
So answer this then - if I was mafia, would I make poor excuses like this, or would I be very detailed to ensure to cover every move I make?
FWIW, I think you're Teabing or Legaludec. Which, in my book, is just as good as mafia.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
So pretty sure Spiker didn't find anything which sucks. Gonna vote North for now because I think Cash could have been on to something but I could be convinced to go a different direction

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Spiker only had the opportunity to make one investigation.

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
FWIW, I think you're Teabing or Legaludec. Which, in my book, is just as good as mafia.
Before my words get twisted, let me clarify and say I think there's also a CHANCE PSY is Teabing or Legaludec. Which wouldn't line up perfectly with my theory from earlier, but the fact remains that something seems off about him this game.

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Before my words get twisted, let me clarify and say I think there's also a CHANCE PSY is Teabing or Legaludec. Which wouldn't line up perfectly with my theory from earlier, but the fact remains that something seems off about him this game.
I'm also neither of those two fellows. I may be the most important innocent left in this game.

bsaltyman

Drinker of beer
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
With this vote not counting, WDSM should also be on clap watch

I know WDSM missed the day’s vote by a few minutes, but there was clearly some confusion over the day ending at 9:00 instead of 9:05. Since his vote was in before 9:05 I gave him a break and didn’t put him on clap watch. For the rest of this game though, votes need to get in by 9:00.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
$ very well may have been right, but he was reg inno so he didn’t really know anything unless he got a clue I’m not aware of. As of now, I lean more towards the people pushing for North, and Vikes was the first one to do it this morning, hence my vote for him

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Spiker only had the opportunity to make one investigation.
Ah, right. I kinda forgot he died prior to night 2. It's possible that he or discy obtained one of the spontaneous hints that are supposedly placed around the game and that pointed to north, but I suppose they would've told us that by now.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
So MDK has been silent, farnsy (and hasn't been clapped yet) and cubs also rolled on spiker, clonies is mafia. I don't have any info on North other than what I have posted. If you want the sure thing vote clonies, but it seems that voting north will give us a pretty good read on psy. I've got another clue but it only outs an inno so sharing it seems counter productive.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
So MDK has been silent, farnsy (and hasn't been clapped yet) and cubs also rolled on spiker, clonies is mafia. I don't have any info on North other than what I have posted. If you want the sure thing vote clonies, but it seems that voting north will give us a pretty good read on psy. I've got another clue but it only outs an inno so sharing it seems counter productive.
Nice work.

There’s a vig in this game that can take care of clonies right?