Texas post mortem/former player tweet thread

NebraskaCyclone

Sep 15, 2011
Nebraska
His reasoning to allowing Hall to score doesn’t make sense. “If they didn’t get it on first down, we were going to let them on second down, but it doesn’t matter because they got it on first down anyway.”
So why not let them get it on first down then? Why try to stop them and waste time/timeouts when you’re just going to let them on the next play anyway?

I’m wondering if maybe he was just confused? Because I don’t think we picked up the first down on the longer play before the touchdown, so Breece scored on line 2nd and 1 from the 3? So maybe he meant if we got the first down, then he’d let us score?

Very confusing.

Right. I have more and more questions about his coaching a day later. How many 4th failures did they have? Was it 2 or 3? That entire explanation he had is a hot mess.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Start at 5:30:00 in the video. You'll have to watch/listen a little bit to get to it, but I don't think you guys will mind

Edit: If you're really cut for time, 5:34:07 is the actual audio

That was so great! John Walters and Eric Heft are true professionals. I'm amazed they didn't lose their voices also on that last second field goal try. They hung in there and did their jobs, made the call and play by play analysis. And Ben Bruns, wow! The emotions he must have felt, like we all were feeling at the time. Glorious!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Rory Walling, Anybody ever heard of this guy? Position? Unsung hero
Rory went to Des Moines East and was recruited as a preferred walk-on out of high school. He is now on scholarship. IIRC, Kansas State was also recruiting him. He has been a major contributor on special teams the past two seasons.

Great kid!

6Rory WallingRB5-11189R-Jr.Des Moines, Iowa (East)

Reactions: CyBobby