Tamin Lipsey Commits

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
For those tune in, hang with the game. Their tendency is to be pretty deliberate offensively early in the game. I don’t think this team compares to the Barnes and McD team, but it is very good. Some good complimentary players, including a TE with offers to KU and UCF.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
For those tune in, hang with the game. Their tendency is to be pretty deliberate offensively early in the game. I don’t think this team compares to the Barnes and McD team, but it is very good. Some good complimentary players, including a TE with offers to KU and UCF.

Ames needed to get rid of Downs 15 years ago. He holds them back trying to slow games down

• Winner
Reactions: 8bitnes and cyputz

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Ames needed to get rid of Downs 15 years ago. He holds them back trying to slow games down

That won’t be as much of an option in a couple years.

Too bad I’ll never get to see my dream of Arsene Wenger coaching Iowa HS no shot clock basketball. 75% possession, still lose 3-2.

• Haha
Reactions: cyclone1209

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I don’t think you will find a team in this state that plays harder on defense than this team. In doing so, they typically don’t have a Fred Hoiberg-like offense.

I’d compare Downs to Otz in terms of philosophy/style. No, their offense isn’t fast paced. But the defense is pretty high-level.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Other names to watch tonight are LaBeaux and Phillips.

I believe LaBeaux is the #5 recruit in the state. He’s fun to watch - high energy, great ball handling and high level skills around the rim. I could see him playing D1 somewhere.

Phillips is a HS coaches best weapon. D1 Tight End who is difficult to move in the paint and can shoot the three.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I don’t think you will find a team in this state that plays harder on defense than this team. In doing so, they typically don’t have a Fred Hoiberg-like offense.

I’d compare Downs to Otz in terms of philosophy/style. No, their offense isn’t fast paced. But the defense is pretty high-level.
They play hard and are good defensively. I do think their style blew any chance last year in the state tournament vs Waukee. Speeding up the game was probably their best bet. Waukee was bigger and a better shooting team.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Other names to watch tonight are LaBeaux and Phillips.

I believe LaBeaux is the #5 recruit in the state. He’s fun to watch - high energy, great ball handling and high level skills around the rim. I could see him playing D1 somewhere.

Phillips is a HS coaches best weapon. D1 Tight End who is difficult to move in the paint and can shoot the three.
The only thing stopping LaBeaux from being a d1 player is off the court issues. When he started for Waterloo East as a freshmen they expected big things and everyone seemed to think he was D1 bound.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010

Yep, would have been a three peat team but they blew a decent lead in Ankeny vs marshalltown in substate final during Barnes' sophomore year before running the table two straight seasons