Synder joining Nitty Lions RTC

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Did I ever mention that when I first saw this thread title on the front page I misread the name and thought that Penn State was getting an undead assistant football coach?

• Funny
Reactions: CyGold

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Its ****** awful that theres only 6 Olympic weight classes. When Gable wrestled there were ten. Why the hell did they change that???

Back in '96, FILA dropped the weight classes down from 10 to 8 at the behest of the IOC. Then, 2002ish(?) FILA dropped weights again from 8 to 6, again to please the IOC.

Thankfully, UWW has since replaced FILA and seems to be building the sport back up. I've heard they'd like to bump things back up to 10 weights in non-Olympic years for worlds, but that could be a complete rumor.

I-Statefanin IACity78

Sep 10, 2019
I see a few people think Dake will beat JB. I know JB is on the decline. They have had some close ones but I believe Burroughs is undefeated vs Dake and I'd guess they have wrestled at least 5 times

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I see a few people think Dake will beat JB. I know JB is on the decline. They have had some close ones but I believe Burroughs is undefeated vs Dake and I'd guess they have wrestled at least 5 times
Dake has beaten him once at 2017 WTT. Amazing 2/3 series that I was at in Lincoln. Taylor/Cox the same day.

I just think Father Time will get him this time around.

• Agree
Reactions: CyGold

SimpsonCyclone

Jul 20, 2011
Iowa
It’s nothing against JB - he is top3 American freestyle wrestler of all time - maybe best ever before he’s done - but right now, Dake is in the conversation of best P4P wrestler in the world right now. Back to back world titles and nobody has really been close to him