SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
98 Iowa
84 Iowa State

Iowa was 9-18 from three for 50%.
Iowa State was 6-23 from three for 26%.

Iowa deserves a lot of credit for this -- they got open looks and made them. We did not defend them at the line well. We had some good looks, but missed 'em.

Hypothetically, flipping these around, though...

Iowa goes 5-18 (-12 points).
Iowa State goes 11-23 (+15 points).

Final score...

99 Iowa State
86 Iowa

= almost the exact opposite scores.

Hot or cold shooting and three point defense matters so much.

Congrats to the Hawks. I have always thought that, if there was a way we were going to lose to them, it would be because they went off from three. And they did.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Apart from getting a T?

There were three times where someone named McCaffery could have gotten a T most games under normal circumstances. This isn't a coincidence, it's a family trait. We have years of evidence and I'm not sure why anyone would expect a son to be radically different than a father.

It is what it is, Iowa fans are stuck with him because I guess compared to Lick's standard he seems like the greatest coach in all of history.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'd even go back a play earlier, Jorbo could've taken a shot clock violation or fired up a 30 footer (but I guess when you're shooting 30% from 3, that's not wise), but went through our non-defense defense to get a layup with 6 seconds, so then Shayok took it the length of the floor to score, then the chippy last second play.

Prohm clearly wasn't pissed until the d-bag Iowa assistance made it a point to run right up to Prohm to chirp at him, which was in the article this am. That guy's the real piece of work in all of this. Players are going to be dicks to each other, but a coach doing that is flat out busch league in my opinion.

Bush League! Not Busch League! Busch League is good! :D

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
Claiming that Connor was “throwing elbows” is one of the softest and most ridiculous assertions I have seen come out of the incident at the end of the game.
He was throwing his elbows near players heads...not wildly. But use your eyes for something other than watching your mom take a bath.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron