Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Last episode was so wizard! How do we make this show better? I know, let's turn it into the Mandalorian!

Reactions: bos

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Wowsers I loved that episode. Hard part is that it only makes me not want to go back to Boba Fett even more. It's not a shock that this episode was directed by Bryce Dallas Howard (daughter of Ron Howard), as she directed some of the best episodes of The Mandalorian yet. At this point, give her whatever she wants to direct. Shoot, give her a movie and get rid of Rodriguez on anything from here forward.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
How I rate things so far:
1) Anything with the Mandalorian
2) Time with the Tuskans
3) Boba Fett learning to run a mob/gang.
4) Gangster teenagers on floating mopeds. (who thought that was a good design choice?)
Yeah, I kept bumping into the whole cyberpunk style they are trying to introduce into the story. I like that genre, but it just feels off in Star Wars and on Tatooine especially.

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Yeah, I kept bumping into the whole cyberpunk style they are trying to introduce into the story. I like that genre, but it just feels off in Star Wars and on Tatooine especially.

Think of the sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it would get everywhere in those mechanics.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Think of the sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it would get everywhere in those mechanics.
That's the problem I had with their shiny bikes. Can't afford water, but an unlimited supply of Carnuba wax apparently is no problem.

• Winner
Reactions: Bret44 and SCNCY

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
For anyone who played Jedi: Fallen Order the BD-1 robot was a nice little easter egg.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Interesting. I haven't played the game, but I thought that was quite the cool little droid.
If you're a gamer I would highly recommend. Best Star Wars game in decades IMO. Really cinematic, good story, and most importantly awesome gameplay.

BD-1 is your companion throughout the whole game and I really got attached to the little guy by the end of it. Great character design.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
If you're a gamer I would highly recommend. Best Star Wars game in decades IMO. Really cinematic, good story, and most importantly awesome gameplay.

BD-1 is your companion throughout the whole game and I really got attached to the little guy by the end of it. Great character design.
It was pretty for sure. The timing based combat isn't for everyone and is particularly rough on harder difficulties. And for some reason, the way the character changed directions when he ran just felt unnatural. Other than that, it was fun to play, especially the puzzle-like elements.

• Agree
Reactions: Saul_T

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Last episode was so wizard! How do we make this show better? I know, let's turn it into the Mandalorian!

Book of Boba Fett was originally supposed to be 6 episodes. My theory is that, because Mandalorian season 3 has been delayed, they decided to move this episode (which I am guessing was supposed to be Mandalorian S3E1) over to this series to "tide us over".

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Aren't they basically the same show?
They should retitle it "The first few chapters of the Book of Boba Fett" because he's hardly in it anymore

Loved seeing
Cad Bane
make an appearance. My son and I watched the Clone Wars series and he was always one of our favorites characters