Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Watched it all the way through. Great ending, but I really hope that time travel crucible doesn't become the new EUs standard MacGuffin.

I think Dave Filoni is the best story creator Lucasfilm has, I hope he gets onto another project soon.
Give him a live action movie

• Agree
Reactions: Bader

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Watched it all the way through. Great ending, but I really hope that time travel crucible doesn't become the new EUs standard MacGuffin.

I think Dave Filoni is the best story creator Lucasfilm has, I hope he gets onto another project soon.

My dream scenario would be Filoni taking over Kathleen Kennedy's job.

• Winner
Reactions: SCNCY and Triggermv

Diggame

Sep 7, 2009
STL
I am hoping that the new Star Wars streaming series will dive into that time period between 6 and 7.

See I was wondering the same thing about the time crucible. I wonder if it is going to be a way to fix the loose ends to connect 1-9.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I am hoping that the new Star Wars streaming series will dive into that time period between 6 and 7.

I fully expect the next cartoon series to be in that timeframe.

As far as Solo goes, I'd honestly be shocked if it was good at this point.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
I fully expect the next cartoon series to be in that timeframe.

As far as Solo goes, I'd honestly be shocked if it was good at this point.

I am hoping for a series of Sabine and Ahsoka searching for Ezra in wild space.

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY and cycloneG

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I am hoping for a series of Sabine and Ahsoka searching for Ezra in wild space.

They've already trademarked the title "Star Wars: Resistance" for the animated shows, so that would imply it takes place between 6 and 7.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I’ll be honest... yawn
I watched both original seasons but this doesn’t interest me at all.

I'll admit what we know right now has me pretty underwhelmed. However, Filoni has earned my trust. You have to think Sabine/Ahsoka/Ezra play into it somehow, but they probably don't want to give too much away. If we can run into an extremely aged Hondo that would be hilarious.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Solo is officially a financial flop. So where do they go from here. I have liked the new films but I know a lot of fans have serious issues with some if not all of them. On top of that some of the films have had serious production issues culminating in a Star Wars movie that is going to lose millions of dollars. How can they keep Kathleen Kennedy steering the ship after this?

My biggeat issue with the new Star Wars movies is it is clear there has been no coherent plan like there is with Marvel. There was little creative continuity between TFA and TLJ with Johnson basically throwing out mostly everything JJ had set up, and now JJ is probably going to retcon that in the third saga film.

Disney has a nice long break between movies now. Time to take a deep breath, slow down, get some new leadership and lay out a plan where this is all going.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Solo is officially a financial flop. So where do they go from here. I have liked the new films but I know a lot of fans have serious issues with some if not all of them. On top of that some of the films have had serious production issues culminating in a Star Wars movie that is going to lose millions of dollars. How can they keep Kathleen Kennedy steering the ship after this?

My biggeat issue with the new Star Wars movies is it is clear there has been no coherent plan like there is with Marvel. There was little creative continuity between TFA and TLJ with Johnson basically throwing out mostly everything JJ had set up, and now JJ is probably going to retcon that in the third saga film.

Disney has a nice long break between movies now. Time to take a deep breath, slow down, get some new leadership and lay out a plan where this is all going.

Second this

Reactions: CYCLNST8

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois

Agreed. Can we have, as the opener to Ep.9, Rey wake up the morning after meeting Luke, and say "I just had the craziest dream!"

“Through the Force, things you will see. Other places. The future…the past. Old friends long gone. Things that may be. Things that never were.” Master Luke says to her.

Luckily for us, it turns out Snoke is still living, the Resistance didn't destroy itself from within, and we're back to how things were at the end of TFA.

Episode 8... if you're smart Kathleen Kennedy, you will let this past die. Bury it. Kill it, if you have to. It's the only way for the trilogy to become what it was meant to be.

• Winner
Reactions: State43

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

I'm a big proponent now that Kathleen Kennedy needs to go mainly due to two reasons:

1. No plan. There is no overarching story, so they are simply making up everything as they go with every different filmmaker wanting to make their own stamp at the detriment of the overall story.
2. Poor history with directors. Bumps are inevitable and everyone deserves a few mulligans in their life. Kevin Feige had his Ant-Man woes and even altered his slate some by pulling the Inhumans off of it. However, that is just what they are for Kevin Feige... a few bumps in what otherwise is super-smooth pavement. Kathleen Kennedy only seems to have bumps with very few stretches of smooth pavement. Sure, she has even smoothed out one bump after the fact with Rogue One. That still doesn't change the fact that she was in charge of hiring the original directors in the first place. Regardless, these bumps seem to just keep coming to the point where you start to ask yourself who the real problem is. In fact, nothing seems to be going smoothly anymore and what does goes smoothly (The Last Jedi), should have been altered. At what point do you point fingers so much at others to the point that it needs to get turned in the other direction? I'm at that point with Kathy. I've stood by her all the way until now, but the proof is in the pudding at this point.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
The audience that would have supported Solo is the one Rian Johnson trolled in Episode VIII. It just boggles my mind that they decided to go with a "let the past die" theme in the saga. That's like Metallica suddenly deciding to perform N'Sync material. Doesn't make any ****ing sense. :mad:

• Agree
Reactions: State43

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The audience that would have supported Solo is the one Rian Johnson trolled in Episode VIII. It just boggles my mind that they decided to go with a "let the past die" theme in the saga. That's like Metallica suddenly deciding to perform N'Sync material. Doesn't make any ****ing sense. :mad:

I think the fact that early presales of Solo were strong indicate the opposite. It's not casual fans that bought all those early tickets. Based on early presales they were predicting upwards of 170 million and it didnt come close to that. I think only Star Wars fans went to see Solo. Its the casual fans that stayed away for the most part.

• Agree
Reactions: Bader and 3GenClone