trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Prohm seems pretty good at pulling rabbits out of his hat --

see Caleb Grill --

I am sure we will be fine with that last spot whatever we do with it.

Iowa... not so much. Playing with the two crappy guards they have signed and the twins, who are probably nice young men but not high-major prospects... shoot me.

I agree....Iowa is basically a lite version of the late 2000's/early 2010's UNI teams.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I don’t get how people don’t understand this.

their recruiting class is terrible. Not one of the committed players have a single other p5 offer.

if Xavier feels that is the best situation for him, then this isn’t a choice based upon basketball.

That's a piece many miss. This isn't just basketball - this kid is choosing the players, community, school, support, coaches, conference, training staff, social scene that he thinks is right for him. Wish we could honor that in the kids that don't choose ISU.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think all the Hawk trolls on here will be very disappointed with the “meltdown” on here if Foster picks Iowa. I know personally I will shrug, but will be excited to see what we get for a mid-year transfer.

I've been saying on here for quite a while now that XF is overrated. That doesn't mean he's not a good recruit to land, he's just not as good as his rankings IMO.

He is a George Conditt clone. Conditt was a 3 star. That's what Foster is too IMO.

So yes, I'd love to get him, but he will not be ready in year one IMO. He will have some developing to do, which is why Fran would probably be a poor choice for him, but so be it if that's what he chooses.

I feel a LOT more confident in Prohm being able to go out and get someone just as good as Foster if he doesn't pick ISU, but I'd be more concerned as an Iowa fan if he doesn't pick Iowa because who is Fran going to be able to go get?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That's a piece many miss. This isn't just basketball - this kid is choosing the players, community, school, support, coaches, conference, training staff, social scene that he thinks is right for him. Wish we could honor that in the kids that don't choose ISU.

And when they go to the UNCs and Kansas's of the world, it's OK to acknowledge that the chance at basketball things like a national title is stronger at those places.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
This thread turned from a joke thread into a freak out thread that requires two of the users to tell everyone to “calm down! It will be ok”

So basically it’s every CF thread ever.

yeah I’m still working under the guise that this is a parody thread.

but damn twins and artic and Brandon and all the rest are gonna take a rash of **** from the crew for getting their hopes up. It’s like their fandom self esteem is linked somehow to Iowa.

come the **** on people.

• Agree
Reactions: Drew0311

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Honestly never seen two fan bases so confident in getting a recruit. At this point I would not be shocked either way. I don’t think it is good he went to the Hawk game last night. Yet some on here are over confident in their sources. Very strange. If he picks Iowa state that would be one hell of a troll job going to the Hawk game last night.