STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I think XF has solid upside...like most big men coming into P5 ball, he will take a good year to get into the groove he needs to be in to be effective at this level.

Competition 3A isnt horrible but isn’t Chicago either. He’s got soft hands and a good looking stroke for a 7 footer..if he can add strength and quickness along with an inside/out game he could be a very good big man in couple years

yeah, but for Iowa right?

• Agree
Reactions: IASTATE07

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I think XF has solid upside...like most big men coming into P5 ball, he will take a good year to get into the groove he needs to be in to be effective at this level.

Competition 3A isnt horrible but isn’t Chicago either. He’s got soft hands and a good looking stroke for a 7 footer..if he can add strength and quickness along with an inside/out game he could be a very good big man in couple years
I’ve gone through a bunch of his highlights searching for a post move. They are few and far between. He kind of reminds me of Jameel Mckay.

• Funny
Reactions: chadly82

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
My pick.

:prohm: > :mccaffery:

CW... what would you say your confidence level is on that?

That would be awesome obviously, but as some others have said on here, as great as it would be, I think many on here need to lower their expectations a bit. He's not getting offers from all the blue bloods like many people seemingly seem to think.

I do think a great comparison is another Conditt, which I'd be perfectly happy with. Put those two on the court together and that would be some SERIOUS rim protection right there. And they both can really run the floor too. Very comparable players IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Was talking to someone connected tonight, and he was hearing Foster is headed to Iowa, if not already verbally committed.

Hard to gauge the degree of confidence, but I trust the source. Hope he’s wrong

• Dislike
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Was talking to someone connected tonight, and he was hearing Foster is headed to Iowa, if not already verbally committed.

Hard to gauge the degree of confidence, but I trust the source. Hope he’s wrong

“Hard to guage...but I trust them...hope he’s wrong”

lol ok.

wts.. I’ve been saying XF grew up hawk fan.. family hawk fan.. grandfather played at Iowa.. don’t know why people think he’s going to isu

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
“Hard to guage...but I trust them...hope he’s wrong”

lol ok.

wts.. I’ve been saying XF grew up hawk fan.. family hawk fan.. grandfather played at Iowa.. don’t know why people think he’s going to isu

It sounds wishy washy because this person was just relaying what he heard. His tone wasn’t what I’d call 100% definitive.

Just caught me off guard because it contradicts what we’ve been reading here on CF

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Idk we were walking out of the game with 10 minutes left and XF was talking with a coed, so either there is some unfinished business with his gf or ex gf? Or he has moved on quickly.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
It sounds wishy washy because this person was just relaying what he heard. His tone wasn’t what I’d call 100% definitive.

Just caught me off guard because it contradicts what we’ve been reading here on CF
If he does go to Iowa it is not a shocker. Like Beyer said in the previous post, grew up a Hawk fan, family Hawk fan, grandfather a Hawk......he is theirs to lose. The upset isn't he choses Iowa.......it's he choses ISU.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyched

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
With 35,000 students I don't think this is what is going to keep him from coming to ISU.

I think I saw my ex gf maybe once a semester on campus or at bars. This girlfriend thing is strange.

• Agree
Reactions: Cydkar

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
Hey if XF wants to play for a fan base that was like 1500 people on Monday at Iowa compared to tonight then go for it..

Fran is a hot head who doesn’t get kids to nba.. no way wouod I play there no matter what kinda fan I was.

...and in the boring half court slog of the B1G. Blech!