Solomon Young thought about transferring

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Imagine the last month without him....he's had a weird career here with injuries and such but he's probably my favorite player brought in by Prohm. It was a bummer he had to shut it down last year and RS but in the long run, that's probably a blessing for him and the program. I think he's just starting to hit his stride, thanks to finally being healthy.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Love Solo. Really sucks he's had to play on the two worst teams we've had lately and missed out on the tourny last year

• Agree
Reactions: JBone84

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Solo is so fun to watch when he's playing physical down low. And he has always represented Iowa State well. He's had tough luck with injuries, but he keeps bouncing back. I'm looking forward to watching him next year with hopefully a better supporting cast around him.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
The rebuild starts with him!

Bolton-Young is a great start. I think Johnson, Jackson, Grill, and Conditt will all improve to fill in around them, and the freshmen will bring needed size and athleticism. Better times are ahead!

you’re more optimistic than I am. I’ll give you that.

Conditt will be the wildcard in that scenario. He needs to have a better than great offseason. He needs to come back in the fall stronger, and ready to dunk on everybody

CloneZone13

Feb 7, 2013
Love Solo! He's had rough go with all the injuries. No doubt it's been incredibly frustrating for him. Glad he's sticking around and continuing to grow. Hope he can get rewarded next year.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Solo had a pretty pedestrian finish to the season. Hopefully it was just due to being nicked up. I loved the Solo we were getting in January-mid Feb

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I have been worried about him leaving this offseason as a grad transfer. This made me feel better. They will need him next year.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Thanks for making it about CSP.
The post you quoted was hardly "making it about CSP", but I will. Does no one else find it concerning that the player that has been here the longest felt he could not talk to his coaches about his concerns? That he didn't know what his role was now or in the future? That he didn't know if it was all worth it?

Every one of us has wondered these things from the outside looking in about Solo, Wiggington, Lewis, etc. Yet CSP either can't see it from the inside or flat out refuses to address it.

• Dislike
  • Disagree
Reactions: isu83 and jmb

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
The post you quoted was hardly "making it about CSP", but I will. Does no one else find it concerning that the player that has been here the longest felt he could not talk to his coaches about his concerns? That he didn't know what his role was now or in the future? That he didn't know if it was all worth it?

Every one of us has wondered these things from the outside looking in about Solo, Wiggington, Lewis, etc. Yet CSP either can't see it from the inside or flat out refuses to address it.

I don't think Prohm has had a meaningful contributor transfer out of the program yet. This was midseason and there were obviously huge question marks with Young and his injury history that nobody could answer. Prohm has always appeared to me as a straight-shooter with the players in terms of recruiting, poor performing players transferring out, whether to go pro, etc. I have real doubts about Prohm's ability in game planning, in-game coaching, and being able to recruit to fill in gaps and put together a competitive team, but I really have very little concern about his openness to talk to players.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Meh, not all players (or people) are outspoken and comfortable voicing their concerns. Especially true of a lot of young men (and old men, let's be honest).

• Agree
Reactions: isu83