Social Distancing at ISU

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
But still going with the high number of deaths to scare people instead of the actual number. So why aren't they opening everything back up then?

Go look up the numbers of people in our country that have those conditions and are at high risk if they get Covid in addition.

Just think of the demographics of a county fair and imagine all of those people getting covid.

The scary thing is somehow, a certain part of our society will run with this narrative that the number of deaths is only 6% of what was previously thought, when that's not true.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
Go look up the numbers of people in our country that have those conditions and are at high risk if they get Covid in addition.

Just think of the demographics of a county fair and imagine all of those people getting covid.

The scary thing is somehow, a certain part of our society will run with this narrative that the number of deaths is only 6% of what was previously thought, when that's not true.
Well then those people should stay home and Wait for the virus. Let the rest of us go Back to living normal, because a quarantine shouldn't be for healthy people.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Well then those people should stay home and Wait for the virus. Let the rest of us go Back to living normal, because a quarantine shouldn't be for healthy people.
This attitude is the exact reason why Americans suck at dealing with this compared to the rest of the world. Grow up and think about someone besides yourself for a change.

Maybe think about the teachers being put into the unenviable position they're in.

Maybe think about the doctors and nurses working their asses off because people are too stupid to listen.

Maybe think about the business owners who did everything right but still get shut down because other business owners and patrons are too stupid to follow the requested guidelines.

Maybe think about all the people who have unnecessarily lost a loved one because people are too stupid to follow the requested guidelines.

If the selfish sect of Americans would've done as asked we wouldn't be in the position we are. Somehow everyone else on the planet was able to get COVID under control.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
This attitude is the exact reason why Americans suck at dealing with this compared to the rest of the world. Grow up and think about someone besides yourself for a change.
Lol nope it's the media lying about the numbers to scare people to get them to do what they want you to do. 99% survival rate says different about the virus

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Considering you're posting information that's been known the whole time, perhaps it's you who needs to get out of the basement a little more often.

Your definition of healthy must be pretty wild.

We're not a very healthy country.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
Considering you're posting information that's been known the whole time, perhaps it's you who needs to get out of the basement a little more often.

Your definition of healthy must be pretty wild.

We're not a very healthy country.
I think you need to come out of the basement and realize this virus is just another virus nothing to shut a country down about

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I think you need to come out of the basement and realize this virus is just another virus nothing to shut a country down about
The 170,000 dead people may not say it was "just a virus."

And this country has never been shut down compared to shutdowns elsewhere.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

You don't know the country hasn't been shut down?

FWIW I've lived pretty normally. Lots of hikes, kayaking, fishing, camping, biking. More people than I've ever seen doing the same things so I guess we weren't shut down.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Would you look at that we've been lied to this whole time. Time To open everything back up.

your-troll-game-is-strong.jpg

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I’m going to guess you aren’t in the healthy people range.

• Funny
Reactions: madguy30

kcbob79clone

Hopefully a legitimate discussion point and not a flaming one. If I wear a mask, practice social distancing, hand sanitizer, avoid eyes and wash hands when I get home I should be safe right? I have purposely avoided people at high risk, not for my sake but for theirs. News about this virus has been everywhere for a number of months so the proper techniques and vulnerable groups are well known. While I have compassion for the families who lost loved ones I struggle when I see parties of college kids being college kids. I'm also old enough to realize you can't legislate stupidity, or to put for the somewhat younger crowd, "stupid is as stupid does".

I remember when we used to have the Darwin Award, does that apply to those that stupidly disregard the virus guidelines, or drive when drunk or ....

• Winner
Reactions: Acylum

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
“If you don’t send elderly Covid positive patients to nursing homes, innocent elderly people won’t die.”

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Here check out this thread. It's almost like this is how viruses work. Like people getting pneumonia from the flu. They still died because they got the flu. These deaths are still because of COVID19.

Would you look at that we've been lied to this whole time. Time To open everything back up.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Hopefully a legitimate discussion point and not a flaming one. If I wear a mask, practice social distancing, hand sanitizer, avoid eyes and wash hands when I get home I should be safe right? I have purposely avoided people at high risk, not for my sake but for theirs. News about this virus has been everywhere for a number of months so the proper techniques and vulnerable groups are well known. While I have compassion for the families who lost loved ones I struggle when I see parties of college kids being college kids. I'm also old enough to realize you can't legislate stupidity, or to put for the somewhat younger crowd, "stupid is as stupid does".

I remember when we used to have the Darwin Award, does that apply to those that stupidly disregard the virus guidelines, or drive when drunk or ....

If someone wants to go out and get themselves sick, all the power to them. Same with helmets/bicycles and the like. I have issue with those that knowingly do that and then go visit vulnerable folks soon after. Imo this is where rapid frequent accurate testing comes into to play maybe to help alleviate that situation. Keep making sure you're negative before you visit/hang out.

When someone knowingly puts others at risk, it's in the same category as drinking and driving, texting/riding a bike/driving a car, no seat belt with others in the car, etc. You're simply putting others' safety at risk.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You've hit my trip wire and brought up that goddam Pizza Ranch

A place So disgusting that Romans would pull back in horror.... I'm still scarred from my trip there.

Worked there a few lifetimes ago. Broasted chicken 'scent' is my enemy.

I was a hero to my roommates one summer though as I could cook some chicken or a pizza at the end of my shift. Freshly drunk/high college kids love them some broasted chicken.