So... How Will the Game go?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Why? we scored 13 points in regulation. Sure Jones had a lot of touches and yards but he had 0 TDs. iowa will be more than happy to have us dump it off short and come up and tackle. That is exactly what UNI wanted us to do and it worked. I would almost bet that would be their defensive game plan.
Iowa has to be salivating at how our offense looked against a similar but less talented defense in UNI. Our inability to break tackles and create space were not reassuring.

Short passes to stationary, positionally below-average athletes is a win for the defense. Like the pass to the TE on 1st and goal from the 2 that went for no gain last year.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Iowa has to be salivating at how our offense looked against a similar but less talented defense in UNI. Our inability to break tackles and create space were not reassuring.

Short passes to stationary, positionally below-average athletes is a win for the defense. Like the pass to the TE on 1st and goal from the 2 that went for no gain last year.

That was a gimmick play that I suspect they thought would be wide open. It looked super awkward and obviously didn't work.

Are Iowa's and UNI's defenses similar? All we've heard is that UNI was dropping 8 and dropping safeties 30 yards. I'm not sure that's what Iowa does.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron