So Cyclone Larry has started a beef between ISU and UCF?

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I’ve seen a lot bagging on them for a glorified community college. But they are ranked decently. Nowhere near ISU, but not shabby. I’ve also seen the claim they have such a large enrollment because of easy admissions, but they have under 50% acceptance and ISU is over 90%. Guessing it’s a bit misleading in a high population city surrounded by hotels and tourism that more apply, but still.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I’ve seen a lot bagging on them for a glorified community college. But they are ranked decently. Nowhere near ISU, but not shabby. I’ve also seen the claim they have such a large enrollment because of easy admissions, but they have under 50% acceptance and ISU is over 90%. Guessing it’s a bit misleading in a high population city surrounded by hotels and tourism that more apply, but still.
Orlando is the crap hole of Florida.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Seeing these Twitter replies reminds me of a friend’s wedding we went down to in Florida. We were seated at a table with some of their coworkers in Orlando and once they found out my SO and I were from Iowa, it was as if they smelled blood in the water and immediately seized attention on us, asking us things like “so what is there to DO in Iowa” in derisive tones. They seemed to lose interest once we told them we were from the Des Moines suburbs and lived a typical suburban lifestyle.

We’ve been all over the country and have met a lot of good people who’ve ranged from neutral to genuinely interested in where we happen to live but Floridians are the only people we’ve met that seemed to have a strange fixation on putting us down. There’s a unique population of people down there for sure.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Seeing these Twitter replies reminds me of a friend’s wedding we went down to in Florida. We were seated at a table with some of their coworkers in Orlando and once they found out my SO and I were from Iowa, it was as if they smelled blood in the water and immediately seized attention on us, asking us things like “so what is there to DO in Iowa” in derisive tones. They seemed to lose interest once we told them we were from the Des Moines suburbs and lived a typical suburban lifestyle.

We’ve been all over the country and have met a lot of good people who’ve ranged from neutral to genuinely interested in where we happen to live but Floridians are the only people we’ve met that seemed to have a strange fixation on putting us down. There’s a unique population of people down there for sure.
Next time just say that I live in a house that would cost you 3 times as much without a basement and you'd need a 60 year mortgage to afford it.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez

A special kind of dbag down there.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Isnt our enrollment skewed because ISU still has to take every in state applicant, just the ones that technically dont meet standards are put on probation/remedial classes until they prove they can make it?

Or did they get rid of that law? I swear that was part of the rules for in state, for the state universities at one point anyway.

Which artificially inflates our acceptance number and why I hate when people use that as a metric. Because while those students are technically enrolled and accepted they are not fully off probation until they prove they can make grades etc.

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
I am not active on Twitter, but do enjoy Cyclone Larry. The best part is people that think he’s totally serious when he’s clearly trolling.

Does anyone know if he posts here on this board?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
He has a special likeableness to him.
I have no interest in a UCF rivalry, but if there is one it should be a bust of that picture of Leath and be called the Cyclone Larry trophy. I've never seen someone troll an entire fan base and school before. That's really impressive.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC