Should we be concerned about the DL?

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
With Bailey entering the transfer portal now, why are multiple players who could likely be primary players next season leaving?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
We still will be very talented on the DL next year, but it's hard to deny that unit will take a slight step back. Don't get me wrong, DL will still be good.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
With Bailey entering the transfer portal now, why are multiple players who could likely be primary players next season leaving?

He wouldn't be a primary player, he'd be at best a 2nd teamer but more likely a 3rd teamer just like this year.

• Agree
Reactions: discydisc

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
We still will be very talented on the DL next year, but it's hard to deny that unit will take a slight step back. Don't get me wrong, DL will still be good.
Nope, it’s not really hard to deny.

First off, coming into this year, the middle of the DL was wide open. We’d seen a brief glimpse of Isaiah Lee ages before, but it turned out that he and Josh Bailey really had just been waiting their turns.

Next fall, the same thing applies to guys like Corey Suttle and Blake Peterson. They’ve just been waiting their turns. And Will McDonald and Zach Petersen both already have a lot of PT the last two years. Toss in Lee, and we’re actually ahead of this time last year.

Then, you add someone like J.R. Singleton into the mix, and we have a chance to even be way better that ‘20.

And those aren’t all of the names I could mention. Giggity!

Reactions: Snydes

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
So best guess, what's our 3 deep going to look like this fall?
DE Will McDonald, Corey Suttle
DT Tucker Robertson, Johnny Wilson, Howard Brown
DT Isaiah Lee, J.R. Singleton, Tyler Onyedim
DE Zach Petersen, Blake Peterson

(Wilson remains to be seen whether inside or out, but at 6’2” 272 this Fall, I’m guessing “in”)

Edited: “Wilson”. I blame autocorrect.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron