Should Randy Peterson retire?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Put him to pasture?

• Yes!

Votes: 459 85.5%
  • No!

Votes: 48 8.9%
  • Who?

Votes: 30 5.6%

• Total voters

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Whatever. He's a hack and a troll. You keep feeding him the attention and he's just gonna keep doing what he does. Want him gone? Don't click on his columns. Don't listen to his podcast appearances. Don't follow him on Twitter or social media. Make him irrelevant.
I don't do any of that.

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
It's truly laughable how bad he is. Actually, it is better described as being sad. The guy is a complete trainwreck.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
its become a sad joke
iowa state needs to pull his press pass
i hope the des moines register going behind a paywall destroys the newspaper because i am pretty sure no one will hire him

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
I don' t know, watching Pollard tear down his dumbass question was kind of entertaining.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
No need to make him retire. Just let him cover the Hawkeyes. So I would pull his press pass and force the company to make a decision.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Anyone want to give us an update on what happened to prompt this thread on him? I haven't paid much attention to him in a while but curious what he did in the press conference
During this press conference he wondered if there was crowd control issues at ISU by bringing up a student's space heater that caught his tent on fire outside of Hilton when in line for the KU bball game.

HiltonSouth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 29, 2010
Kansas City
Anyone want to give us an update on what happened to prompt this thread on him? I haven't paid much attention to him in a while but curious what he did in the press conference

Randy: "President Wintersteen, when you went to Iowa last year, walked through your special door, and sat in your fancy suite, were you subjected to any bad behavior from Iowa fans?"

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
During this press conference he wondered if there was crowd control issues at ISU by bringing up a student's space heater that caught his tent on fire outside of Hilton when in line for the KU bball game.
That's not even a journalism issue. That's just being a complete freakin' moron.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
He can stay with the pos DMR, but ISU should stop doing business with him.

The only way the DMR Sports makes money is by being a glorified fan site. See Chad’s hard on for the Hawks. If they won’t stop biting the hand that feeds them, we should stop feeding them.