Shark Week?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Am I the only one who thinks filling the water with chum then sending in celebrities and "researchers" to makes the sharks associate humans to free bloody food isn't super sciencey?

Reactions: isutrevman

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Am I the only one who thinks filling the water with chum then sending in celebrities and "researchers" to makes the sharks associate humans to free bloody food isn't super sciencey?
It’s fun to watch though !

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
When I cage dived they place claimed they didn’t chum the waters and the sharks just came up because they associated the motor of the boat with the fishing boats. And they didn’t chum the waters at the time. But I suspect they regularly do with no guests to get the sharks associated with their own boats.

BTW, shark week hasn’t been good for 20 years.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
When I cage dived they place claimed they didn’t chum the waters and the sharks just came up because they associated the motor of the boat with the fishing boats. And they didn’t chum the waters at the time. But I suspect they regularly do with no guests to get the sharks associated with their own boats.

BTW, shark week hasn’t been good for 20 years.
Sharknado completely changed the game. Nothing these clowns can put together on Shark Week can live up to expectations now. Maybe if they drop a great white shark in the same pool as a killer whale and a couple of Khardashians and let them go at it. I'd watch that all day long.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Sharknado completely changed the game. Nothing these clowns can put together on Shark Week can live up to expectations now. Maybe if they drop a great white shark in the same pool as a killer whale and a couple of Khardashians and let them go at it. I'd watch that all day long.

They've feed on those fake buttcheeks for a week.

Reactions: GTO

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Sharkfest is the thing now, you get an entire month of sharks, much better programming than shark week. Who cares about Shaq or Mike Tyson swimming with sharks, I'm a nerd, I wanna learn.

• Agree
Reactions: throwittoblythe

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I used to like Shark Week. Now all it does is push a new episode of Deadliest Catch back a week.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Always hated shark week. Every time you’re about to get it in “oh it’s shark week”.
I feel like only a subset of CF is going to get this joke. I myself was coming here to post something similar, that Shark Week has a totally different meaning when I’m thinking about it.

• Funny
Reactions: Gunnerclone