Seneca Wallace's Wingstop

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I have come the conclusion after multiple attempts that I am unfortunately having to retire from all wing places. Every time I hit one it’s a sweaty, burning mess all night with wet wipes as my only friend. Middle age sucks.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I have come the conclusion after multiple attempts that I am unfortunately having to retire from all wing places. Every time I hit one it’s a sweaty, burning mess all night with wet wipes as my only friend. Middle age sucks.
giphy.gif

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

Even if you go with milder flavors? Many places offer multiple options with some being anything but hot.

If a place does wings really well (i.e…smoked), you can even order them plain (and dip in ranch or something, if you’d like).

I can't believe it is the wings themselves that are causing the issues.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Even if you go with milder flavors? Many places offer multiple options with some being anything but hot.

If a place does wings really well (i.e…smoked), you can even order them plain (and dip in ranch or something, if you’d like).

Haven’t tried plan wings without the spices but I have tried milder flavors like that garlic one at bww and Asian zing. Same result. Getting plain ones might be my only option but that kind of feels like ordering a salad at a great steak place.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Had some fantastic smoked wings at Society out in Denver when I was in town and went to a gamewatch.

The only caveat was that I nearly devoured my hand, but if you can get smoked wings anywhere it’s usually worth it.

• Agree
Reactions: Macloney

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Missed their window by about 5 mins. It was closer to 26 mins. That said, given the promo of 5 free wings with each order, I did expect it to be a bit crazy.....and it was.

That sounds like significant improvement over the ridiculous wait times they had earlier this year when they weren't even busy.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Had some fantastic smoked wings at Society out in Denver when I was in town and went to a gamewatch.

The only caveat was that I nearly devoured my hand, but if you can get smoked wings anywhere it’s usually worth it.
Yeah, smoked wings are amazing. If the rub is good enough, you don't need sauce on them, but you can if you want.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I've found that the quality of BWW varies from location to location. More so-so locations than good. I only had wings from WingStop in Ames once, but it was good and the wait was not bad.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Was craving some wings tonight, so decided to give the Merle Hay Wingstop a try. Have only been to the Ames location once and dined in. Waited 45 min for food then, which seems to be a similar experience to others.

Decided to try online ordering for the first time, and it made a difference. My order was ready when I arrived to pay, wings were excellent (Cajun and lemon pepper) and fries were good. So I'll echo others that say online ordering seems to be the key to eating at Wingstop.

I'll note that the only delay I had when I got there was because the gentleman ahead of me had an online order that didn't get processed or something :confused: So still might be hit or miss for some (he then had to wait for them to whip him up some wings), but I had a better experience this go around.

• Informative
Reactions: cygrads

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Was craving some wings tonight, so decided to give the Merle Hay Wingstop a try. Have only been to the Ames location once and dined in. Waited 45 min for food then, which seems to be a similar experience to others.

Decided to try online ordering for the first time, and it made a difference. My order was ready when I arrived to pay, wings were excellent (Cajun and lemon pepper) and fries were good. So I'll echo others that say online ordering seems to be the key to eating at Wingstop.

I'll note that the only delay I had when I got there was because the gentleman ahead of me had an online order that didn't get processed or something :confused: So still might be hit or miss for some (he then had to wait for them to whip him up some wings), but I had a better experience this go around.
Now I want wings. Tommy like wingy.

Reactions: DurangoCy

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Is Seneca opening all the wing stops in Iowa? Is Ankeny his?
I love that a bunch of Cyclones are opening these restaurants

I think I read the Ankeny one was his as well? Manager was wearing an ISU polo when I went in.

The Ankeny space is small and there's no dining space. But takeout/delivery seems to be Wingstop's MO

Reactions: Drew0311

Help Support Us

Become a patron