Seat Selection

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
I was able to move from row 12 in 231 to 210 row 7. I didn’t mind where I was but my mother usually goes with me so the less steps the better. Found 2 single seats together so I can’t really ***** as I’m closer and still in the same donor level..

Reactions: NWICY

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
In the process of upgrading seats and in the past I've been able to call in and they override leaving one seat open. Example I need 4 and there is 5 available. I called in and someone told me they can't do that. Anyone else called in and have them override that this year?
Buy five this year and drop one next year is how you override that

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
The other side of the 5th seat is in the past if you wanted to buy it, you had to donate extra to get it.
Not if you already donate above the level required for that sections' seating.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Buy five this year and drop one next year is how you override that
I might have to pick a year to do that, but i would do it in Football and Basketball the same year since i would have to up my donation by 25% that year.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
I think the way the donation level sections is pretty dumb. There’s no way anyone is picking the back row of their donation level section over the front row of 1 section over. They need to split the balcony sections into top half/lower half. I guarantee the first 7 rows of my section are people in the level above mine.

Reactions: kirk89gt

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I think the way the donation level sections is pretty dumb. There’s no way anyone is picking the back row of their donation level section over the front row of 1 section over. They need to split the balcony sections into top half/lower half. I guarantee the first 7 rows of my section are people in the level above mine.
You are correct. I'm in row 8 and buying in a section two donation levels below what I give.

Reactions: Didley

ISUGolf2008

Aug 25, 2022
Iowa
You are correct. I'm in row 8 and buying in a section two donation levels below what I give.
Man you and some other people are not that bright. Why would you pay that amount of money just to not get the benefits from it? My buddy and I pool our money together to double our donation so we can get the premium seats. We are in SEZ for football and lower bowl for basketball. If you are smart enough to figure it out its easy to do.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Man you and some other people are not that bright. Why would you pay that amount of money just to not get the benefits from it? My buddy and I pool our money together to double our donation so we can get the premium seats. We are in SEZ for football and lower bowl for basketball. If you are smart enough to figure it out its easy to do.
I'm more than happy with the parking & seating benefits I receive for football based on my donor level and more than happy with the seats I have for basketball. Lack of smarts has zero impact on my decision. Also, pooling funds with a buddy is not going to allow me to continue to buy five seats under the single account.

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020

Whose name do you use?

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
You missed the point here. The problem is that the way mens basketball priority seating is setup, you can find better seats in lower donation levels. Would you rather have a seat in Captains level in Sec 212 row 30? Or Cardinal in sec 214 row 1? Everyone would take 214 row 1. Yet its $100 more per seat and $3000 donation more to choose sec 212 for Captains level.