Seat Selection

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
In the process of upgrading seats and in the past I've been able to call in and they override leaving one seat open. Example I need 4 and there is 5 available. I called in and someone told me they can't do that. Anyone else called in and have them override that this year?

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I don't have basketball tickets, but I've been turned down the past 2 years for football, trying to do this.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
I don't have basketball tickets, but I've been turned down the past 2 years for football, trying to do this.

It must have been a few years ago I did this for FB. Funny thing is looking at the map there are single tickets all over the place. Maybe they are leftover from a few years ago.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
It must have been a few years ago I did this for FB. Funny thing is looking at the map there are single tickets all over the place. Maybe they are leftover from a few years ago.
I know there is frustration with reseating but if they want to complain about the singles isn’t that the only real solution. We aren’t getting basketball under my account so can’t see it but it just seems like you are being unreasonable for not allowing those. At least when options are I assume limited.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
I know there is frustration with reseating but if they want to complain about the singles isn’t that the only real solution. We aren’t getting basketball under my account so can’t see it but it just seems like you are being unreasonable for not allowing those. At least when options are I assume limited.

Only option to move down 4 rows is the line of 5. I'll just have to stick with where I am.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I got hosed on that last year. I tried calling and they wouldn’t let me do that either. I had done it in football. I could have been 4th row in my section instead of 2nd from the top.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Tried calling in to combine my two pairs into 4 seats together and was unable to get the seats I wanted because there was 5 together. I continued to watch on the preview link yesterday and 4 of the 5 went as separate pairs leaving a single seat...

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
In the process of upgrading seats and in the past I've been able to call in and they override leaving one seat open. Example I need 4 and there is 5 available. I called in and someone told me they can't do that. Anyone else called in and have them override that this year?
Same thing happened to one of our friends. And yet there are single seats all over the place. If you make the rule, then follow it for everyone.

ISUGolf2008

Aug 25, 2022
Iowa
From having inside knowledge on this, too many people were asking for this to happen last year and it caused big time issues. They have decided to not do it this year and have decided not to do it for football for a few years.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I assume you still have to stay in your donation section, correct? My spot up in an hour or so, so just playing around with the preview right now.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I assume you still have to stay in your donation section, correct? My spot up in an hour or so, so just playing around with the preview right now.
Not necessarily, they will just require you to up your donation if you purchase in a new area if I remember correctly.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
I wish they let you go back in after you select. Never know who might give up seat after your selection.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
The other side of the 5th seat is in the past if you wanted to buy it, you had to donate extra to get it.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Nice that you can look around and preview. Not much room for me to improve right now from the looks of it (balcony).

OBE4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2011
Ames

Their stance (or what they claim at least) currently is that you cannot leave a single when selecting your seats, but they can't prevent you from dropping singles or seats from your group during/as a part of your renewal. So they are saying, in theory, if you buy it, that all the singles you see available are seats that people have dropped at one point or another and not from people leaving those when selecting seats. I can't speak to the full validity of this, but in my anecdotal experience, this is how it worked for us this year. We couldn't add 4 seats from a group of 5 and leave a single either, but it was no problem for us to drop our two singles that we had last year that were/are separated by a seat between them as part of our selection. So two of the seats we gave up would now be available singles like you see a lot of places.
Tried calling in to combine my two pairs into 4 seats together and was unable to get the seats I wanted because there was 5 together. I continued to watch on the preview link yesterday and 4 of the 5 went as separate pairs leaving a single seat...

The first pair out of that set of 5 is fine/operated as expected as someone could select a pair from the set of 5 and leave 3 seats. If the remaining set of 3 then became an available single because they let someone else take just 2 of the remaining 3, then that's sketchy...

• Informative
Reactions: DSMCy and JP4CY